• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

charlton error

9 posts in this topic

just got a 50's (10 cent cover) charlton war comic in a stack of [#@$%!!!], the interior sides of the front cover are blank and there's no war comic inside, but rather a tales of youg brides in upside down and backward. not thast anyone would bother, but it certainly doesn't look like an intentional frenkencomic, just someone drunk at the printers.

sometimes it's fun to look inside the comics too.

charlton wasn't much for quality control!

is this a common f-up back then?

I'm half tempted to put together a lot of printing error oddities and seeing what it goes for.

what do you mean by stamp printing error? as in postal stamps?

i picked up a bunch of charlton books 50s - 80s and I must say, what a mishapen group of comics. literally, issues of the same book are 1/4 longer than others, the pages look like they were cut by 2 year olds...

what do you mean by stamp printing error? as in postal stamps?

i picked up a bunch of charlton books 50s - 80s and I must say, what a mishapen group of comics. literally, issues of the same book are 1/4 longer than others, the pages look like they were cut by 2 year olds...

I have a bunch of Charlton books (Ditko Covers) and it is a real struggle to find them without production defects. They have to have had the worst quality control of any of the publishers, and the worst paper stock.

Finding these books in nice shape is tough. crazy.gif

Yeah, that's like these old stamps I got from my granddad... the airplane was upside-down on every one of 'em! What a lack of quality control. Threw the whole bunch into the garbage. makepoint.gif

sign-funnypost.gif altho sign-offtopic.gif did I move into a stamps forum by mistake?