• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List of golden age artists still signing?

28 posts in this topic

I suddenly feel the need, having missed so many opportunities, to get more sigs by the surviving GA artists who are still doing cons. Who would you recommend? I've got books ready for Ken Bald, Allen bellman, and Russ Heath but not much else at the moment. Id love to put together a comprehensive list. Any advice appreciated. :)

I question whether Jack D or Russ Heath will ever be publicly available again, based on health. They may do a mail away or something.

Yeah I wasn't sure about Davis. When Andrew (GACollectibles) offered the one below up, I jumped on one.

I was able to get Bald, Bellman, Heath but still want to get something by Fradon signed. We have lost so many greats, it seems within the last few years. :sorry:

1701140853031.jpg

When I saw that Ken Bald was going to be signing at the Baltimore Comic Con in 2012 I found a decent copy of Adventures Into the Unknown #21 on eBay. He drew the cover and I think it is a pretty sweet horror cover from 1951.

Here is what the cover looks like:

772441.jpg

I did get it my copy signed by him, but I was unable to get it witnessed by a CGC person. :(

At least I know that the signature is real.

What about Murphy Anderson?

I don't think there will ever be another Murphy Anderson signing. Nothing is impossible, but that is close. I hope he is doing well. One of my favorite creators of all time, and one of the finest gentlemen as well.