• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WALKING DEAD Issue #1 Splash Page

125 posts in this topic

These are auction night posts, so considering Tony and Kara were and have been incredibly kind to me both professionally and as friends, I couldn't sell the piece. They haven't sold WD art in years and will continue to not do so. There was never any incentive on their part to do so, and with this false start auction, there certainly isn't one now.

I think I'm more in shock of the fact that this piece hit so high. Considering how many times it's been available, I was just blown away that it went north of $14K. Hoping the seller gets his in the end. Oof.

Wow...it was just up again. Time had been extended by a few hours. But now back down.

Not only a big loss all around this time, but if these lots get pushed to the next auction, then that means those NEW consignors have to compete in a larger pool with these relisted lots. Potentially a big lose-lose. Except for maybe buyers.

Can't recall anything like this happening at this scale before. Metropolis didn't even get to enjoy their victory for 24 hours. Heritage has mad hacking skills! ( :jokealert:)

These are auction night posts, so considering Tony and Kara were and have been incredibly kind to me both professionally and as friends, I couldn't sell the piece. They haven't sold WD art in years and will continue to not do so. There was never any incentive on their part to do so, and with this false start auction, there certainly isn't one now.

(thumbs u

I think I'm more in shock of the fact that this piece hit so high. Considering how many times it's been available, I was just blown away that it went north of $14K. Hoping the seller gets his in the end. Oof.

Total agreement, as I've stated the same myself. As for the seller...he's actually armed with quite a bit of information now, just from posts in this thread. There appears to be a deal to be had with James. Up to him at this point if he just wants to sell the piece, or take his chances again at auction. I know what I'd do.

I'd speculate the owner of the piece would just pull it from the current auction house and list it with Heritage, eBay or ComicLink with a $20k reserve and see what happens at that point since there was interest shy of $20k with snipers on the watch.