• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The locked thread thread is poof?

164 posts in this topic

Ive not posted my personal info on the forum to my knowledge. I thought the way you had phrased the recommendation to that person (not sure if it was Mikenyc) did seem to be implied that that person using that info for no good could be you....

But perhaps I have my memory wrong

It's wrong. The "offended party" ( and I use that term lightly ), was on a mission to get RMA that strike. Kind of like how a certain person pretended to be scared because a 60+ year old man told him to meet him face to face at a con for a "chat".

Scared or not, I don't have a problem with threats of violence not being tolerated. Maybe a 65 year old man isn't a threat. A 65 year old man should also have grown up a bit from threatening people on the internet over comic books.

That may be, but if you don't know the entire situation you might think differently on this one.

I'm listening to the Heritage auction...

How does one do that? Sounds like fun.

Peace,

Chip

My auctions have sound too.

Mostly crickets.

Yeah, sound went out for a bit and they stopped the auction. I just log in live and have the window operating while I was listing plastic crack.

No one who offers these kind of meets on the internet is any kind of threat

Also, since you seem hellbent on trolling me what I said was locate your tiny balls and say it to me.

The reason I said that was because you informed me of the PM threads you had with other boardies were you named me the master of the self righteous post, I believe.

So you publicly admitted that you actually take the time to sit and giggle behind my back, with whom would be another sad state of affairs I'm sure.

If you want to twist my words and take them out of context that's cool, it seems like exactly what you would do.

Peace,

Chip

Mostly crickets.

Yeah, sound went out for a bit and they stopped the auction. I just log in live and have the window operating while I was listing plastic crack.

Watch out for that instant bid button. It is instant. I tried it out once.

Ive not posted my personal info on the forum to my knowledge. I thought the way you had phrased the recommendation to that person (not sure if it was Mikenyc) did seem to be implied that that person using that info for no good could be you....

It's wrong. The "offended party" ( and I use that term lightly ), was on a mission to get RMA that strike. Kind of like how a certain person pretended to be scared because a 60+ year old man told him to meet him face to face at a con for a "chat".

Scared or not, I don't have a problem with threats of violence not being tolerated. Maybe a 65 year old man isn't a threat. A 65 year old man should also have grown up a bit from threatening people on the internet over comic books.

That may be, but if you don't know the entire situation you might think differently on this one.

Who's the offended party?

Peace,

Chip

Mostly crickets.

Watch out for that instant bid button. It is instant. I tried it out once.

I bid on a couple of things but it does not really make sense for we NY'rs to bid through there unless it is something that we stand no chance of getting anywhere else.

Thank you for helping me dredge the memories. I had forgotten most of the details, and needed some reminding.

What exactly happened was this: Mikenyc and I were back and forthing, with the insult-fests. It got personal, as it always did in those days, and I made the comment that he had better be careful about posting personal information online, because people could use that information against him, but (and this is the critical part) in a way that would anger/tick off/annoy/frustrate him.

Essentially "Watch what you reveal about yourself, or others will use that information to really torque you off."

In other words...what people ACTUALLY DO on these boards to each other, every day, all day long, and what Kav and Mike are doing to each other as we speak.

In the mods' minds, implying that you will use personal info about someone to say mean things about them online to annoy them is a "threat."

The actual act: being a doosh to others (and I've been just as guilty as everyone else) is perfectly ok, but SAYING you MIGHT be a doosh to others...that's strike worthy material, right there, even though it was quite clear I was talking about speaking/writing...not doing.

Logic.

:cloud9:

PS. Yes, this has actually happened to me, whereby people have (mis)used information against me, and accused me of threatening others...which is the absolute most foolish thing anyone could do around here, given the hair-trigger mentality with which even the HINT is treated...to annoy me. It's not true, and has never been true, but that didn't stop those folks from doing the very same thing I mention here: (mis)using information about someone else to get under their skin.

Facts don't matter. To them, it was "RMA threatens people", because I once got a strike for "implied threat," which was nothing of the sort. Facts? Who needs 'em!

:whee:

He said something like why don't your tiny balls come and say that to my face

All I keep thinking of is this:

"I wanna ask you one question

If I had some nuts, hangin on the walls, what did I have honey?"

I said, "Darling you'd have some walnuts."

She said, "Well.. daddy if I had some nuts

On my chest, would those be chestnuts?"

I said, "Hell yes!"

She said, "Well daddy if I had nuts under my chin

Would those be chin-nuts?"

I said, "Hell no person_without_enough_empathy you'd have a in your mouth!"

PS. Mike's not wrong in this case. He didn't threaten Kav. He said "if you have a problem with me that you feel the need to say something about, say it to me publicly, or in a PM to me, not behind my back in these PM threads that go around." (paraphrased)

And he's completely right.

He wasn't threatening Kav to "come say that to my FACE", because he's not that stupid.

Isn't it weird, how we interpret what others say based on our personal opinions about them?

hm

Human psychology is endlessly fascinating.

Especially the written word, I'm still shocked at how easily things can be taken out of context without vocal cues, body language and facial expression.

From what I can tell, the boards are not very tolerant of comments directly or alluding to meeting up for a physical challenge. Didnt someone just get banned with that being the final nail so to speak? hm

I physically challenge you to an armwrestle!

We'll see who's boss THEN!

:sumo:

But make sure it's not on a Wednesday night, I've GOT to get my Real Housewives fix.

:whistle:

(No, I've never, ever, ever, EVER watched an episode of "Housewives", real, fake, or somewhere in between.)

No way! My arms are super long and equally skinny. A banana could beat me in an arm wrestling contest. :banana:

Thank you for helping me dredge the memories. I had forgotten most of the details, and needed some reminding.

What exactly happened was this: Mikenyc and I were back and forthing, with the insult-fests. It got personal, as it always did in those days, and I made the comment that he had better be careful about posting personal information online, because people could use that information against him, but (and this is the critical part) in a way that would anger/tick off/annoy/frustrate him.

Essentially "Watch what you reveal about yourself, or others will use that information to really torque you off."

In other words...what people ACTUALLY DO on these boards to each other, every day, all day long, and what Kav and Mike are doing to each other as we speak.

In the mods' minds, implying that you will use personal info about someone to say mean things about them online to annoy them is a "threat."

The actual act: being a doosh to others (and I've been just as guilty as everyone else) is perfectly ok, but SAYING you MIGHT be a doosh to others...that's strike worthy material, right there, even though it was quite clear I was talking about speaking/writing...not doing.

Logic.

PS. Yes, this has actually happened to me, whereby people have (mis)used information against me, and accused me of threatening others...which is the absolute most foolish thing anyone could do around here, given the hair-trigger mentality with which even the HINT is treated...to annoy me. It's not true, and has never been true, but that didn't stop those folks from doing the very same thing I mention here: (mis)using information about someone else to get under their skin,.

Facts don't matter. To them, it was "RMA threatens people", because I once got a strike for "implied threat," which was nothing of the sort. Facts? Who needs 'em!

I remember it like it was yesterday :)

Logic.

PS. Yes, this has actually happened to me, whereby people have (mis)used information against me, and accused me of threatening others...which is the absolute most foolish thing anyone could do around here, given the hair-trigger mentality with which even the HINT is treated...to annoy me. It's not true, and has never been true, but that didn't stop those folks from doing the very same thing I mention here: (mis)using information about someone else to get under their skin.

PS. Mike's not wrong in this case. He didn't threaten Kav. He said "if you have a problem with me that you feel the need to say something about, say it to me publicly, or in a PM to me, not behind my back in these PM threads that go around." (paraphrased)

And he's completely right.

He wasn't threatening Kav to "come say that to my FACE", because he's not that stupid.

Thanks Rocky, whether or not you believe it I do appreciate it.

Those fights were pretty epic. :lol: