• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Split Strange Tales 1-100 into three sets

10 posts in this topic

The current set of Strange Tales 1-100 contains three distinct periods:

1) Pre-code horror (Issues 1-34)

2) Early code (Issues 35-66)

3) Pre-hero (Issues 67-100, Annual 1)

I suspect the most popular two sets would be 1 and 3 of the above. Since

these 3 periods are quite different in character, it would be nice for them all to

be individual sets.

It would also be good to have a counterpart to the other pre-hero sets such as

Tales of Suspense 1-38 and Tales to Astonish 1-34.

Hopefully, the old set awards in 1-100 can be maintained for 67-100, but I

don't know if that's possible.

If you have an opinion for or against this proposal, please make it known here.

As a collector of these books (and #1-100 set owner) I'm totally fine with this. My only question would be why we couldn't have those three sets in addition to the full #1-100 set. That keeps the set awards intact for that set, and allows those who would like to to participate in the smaller and more focused sets.

That would be my proposal, anyway.

As a collector of these books (and #1-100 set owner) I'm totally fine with this. My only question would be why we couldn't have those three sets in addition to the full #1-100 set. That keeps the set awards intact for that set, and allows those who would like to to participate in the smaller and more focused sets.

That would be my proposal, anyway.

+1

• Administrator

FYI - For some reason this one worked OK but the Showcase sets are still giving me trouble :shrug: I am holding off on any scoring updates until the upload is 100% as it could really screw things up otherwise....