• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Super-Heroes #18 GOTG sells for 10k. wow

99 posts in this topic

I don't think the"it's not the same team" is a legit concern really.

Its like saying "it's not the same Thor" just because he looks differently (or is a woman)... "or not the same Wonder Woman in the movie" just because apparently they put her clothing etc together differently. For teams we also know they change members. JLA had a million members over the years... and no matter which team they go with in the movie... BB28 will be the central key. Superman and Batman oftenwas not even part of the JLA stories. And so on and on.

I fully see why MSH18 is a central book for anyone interested in GOTG.

But 10K for a 9.6 is still a lot.... :)

Its like saying "it's not the same Thor" just because he looks differently (or is a woman)... "or not the same Wonder Woman in the movie" just because apparently they put her clothing etc together differently. For teams we also know they change members. JLA had a million members over the years... and no matter which team they go with in the movie... BB28 will be the central key. Superman and Batman oftenwas not even part of the JLA stories. And so on and on.

I am guessing you have one that you will try and sell soon. :popcorn:

That seems like a lot for 10.0/9.9...

a 9.6?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Let's try to get a few facts into this frenzy.... :baiting:

There is no 9.9 nor 10 in the census.

There is only a single 9.8 in the census. That sold recently for $19.000.

Let's try to discuss books, rather than get personal. I have one and I'm not selling it.

I have a couple copies of this book that i got for really cheap. I do want it to do well, but this auction price seems kinda crazy to me.

You have a valid point in comparing it to the JLA and BB 28.

How old are you again?

Let's try to discuss books, rather than get personal. I have one and I'm not selling it.

Getting personal? You seemed to be defending that book. I assumed that you may be selling one soon. And you do have one. hm

Not here to argue. Good luck with your sale.

How old are you again?

Getting personal? You seemed to be defending that book. I assumed that you may be selling one soon. And you do have one. hm

You're a bit thick, aren't you?

Listen...if you're not here to argue, then try to keep discussing comics rather than getting personal by questioning my motives and integrity. You can argue your opinion about the book like I can. I have one copy and am not selling it. I still understand why the book is central to people who like GOTG. If you don't think so - then say that instead of arguing like you are back in kindergarten (you are getting your own medicine now because that is sometimes the only kind bullies understand).

Very fair point.

with this book pushing 10k+ is still seems a little off base.

this puts it in the league of a mid grade silver age key .. spidey / Hulk/ xmen.

I do think the one thing we can agree on is that this is very high for a book that was pretty B/C level 3 years ago.

Very fair point.

with this book pushing 10k+ is still seems a little off base.

this puts it in the league of a mid grade silver age key .. spidey / Hulk/ xmen.

I do think the one thing we can agree on is that this is very high for a book that was pretty B/C level 3 years ago.

Yeah, it is high.

How old are you again?

Listen...if you're not here to argue, then try to keep discussing comics rather than getting personal by questioning my motives and integrity. You can argue your opinion about the book like I can. I have one copy and am not selling it. I still understand why the book is central to people who like GOTG. If you don't think so - then say that instead of arguing like you are back in kindergarten (you are getting your own medicine now because that is sometimes the only kind bullies understand).

lol You showed me. :applause:

How old are you again?

lol You showed me. :applause:

Glad we got that settled.

(thumbs u