• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OVERPRICED CGC GRADED COMICS posted by 109

3 posts in this topic

What's the benefit of not selling your overpriced comic?

I know the topic of overpriced CGC graded comics on eBay has been discussed on a few different occasions. Some of these sellers ask for an arm and leg for these graded comics that are not worth a quarter of what they are asking. Some of the same comics have been up for sale for past few years. Why would these sellers continue to ask for ridiculous prices for these comic? Sometimes I will find the same comic in the same grade with a much lower asking price and many times the comic isn't selling at that price. How does it benefit these sellers?

15806.jpg

See more journals by 109

I have to say there are a few factors that some sellers have mentioned to me.

1) They really aren't looking to sell unless someone really wants it. Mainly out there to show off I guess and instead of setting up a registry set they have an eBay set.

2) Selling isn't what they do to earn a living. Many have day jobs so if a book does sell it generally means a surprise increase in funds.

For me I always put the Best Offer option and many times take them into consideration. As long as the offer isn't so ridiculous it hurts my balls I will usually reply with a counter or if its been a good week take the offer and give them a good discount.

I think people ask outrageous prices because people pay it! How many times have I been watching something listed as Buy It Now that I thought was way overpriced that no one would ever buy. I wait on the auction to end thinking I might pick it up for a lower price, then someone buys it at the Buy It Now price. Ebay is full of stuff that has sold for inflated prices which is why people keep inflating the prices. I've even bought stuff on Ebay, then I check back and notice that a bunch of people have listed the same item for even more, as though demand has just suddenly gone up because I bought one.

Just my two cents.