• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

She is trying really hard to make me buy her comic books!

25 posts in this topic

I see a posting on Facebook for comic books. I message them and they tell me they are in possession of some very hot books. All highly collectible and in pristine condition.

Me: "Hello, What titles are included in this lot? Do you have pictures?"

Her: "No pictures but here is a list of the titles they are mostly number ones!!!"

"Brigade #1,Wetworks swimsuit special,Youngblood #1 etc..etc..."

You get the idea right? ALL 90's drek.

Her: " So I asked my brother and he is firm at $75"

Me: " Ahh no thank you, but good luck to you"

Her: "there are 46 books they are worth at least $60"

Me:" I am not trying to be mean. These books are what we call "drek" or glut books. The last time I sold comics at the swap meet I got .25-50 for books like that. SO I don't want to buy them at all. You will do better finding someone who doesn't know their value"

Her: "$50 final offer they are in plastic sleeves which means they are more collectible than ones off the shelf they have white boards and everything."

Me: "Your best bet is to find someone who knows nothing about comic books because they are not worth that much. The bags and boards you are talking about do not denote a special value. They are bags the store or your brother bought to put them in. The bags and boards are worth MORE than your books."

Her: "Well then make me an offer!"

Me: " I said once I am not interested."

Her: " I know these books are worth a LOT of money. He paid over $2 each for them over 15 years ago..so they are worth a lot more than that!"

Me: "Not to me good luck to you"

Seriously lol OMG I told her to hustle on down to the CGC boards and maybe someone there would think they are more valuable..

she will read this and be mad..

oh well

'These books are valuable'

'Where did you get the information on their value so I can check it?'

From my experience, people like this are some combination of 1)trying to take advantage of others and dumb, 2)simply just dumb, or 3)pretending to be dumb while trying to take advantage of others.

I continue to do business with these types because they tend to fall into category 1 and 3 and I have no shame at all when it comes to giving them a taste of their own medicine. From that point on, I am a number 3 to them.

I always wonder if there is some alternate reality where Youngblood #1 is the value of Action Comics #1 and vice a versa

hm

If you subscribe to the Infinite Worlds theory, then there has to be, right?

Anyone who owns a comic store sees these type people over and over and over and over and

you get the idea

I always wonder if there is some alternate reality where Youngblood #1 is the value of Action Comics #1 and vice a versa

hm

Not that farfetched, considering our branch of reality got the white-hot celebrity Tree with an armed Racoon in it. :D

Ok now I feel like a huge individual_without_enough_empathy. Apparently the money from that (and the OA) were donated in full to charity, to help kids with life threatening diseases live out their wishes. Wow I'm a jerk. Going to go make a donation there myself now.

hm

Not that farfetched, considering our branch of reality got the white-hot celebrity Tree with an armed Racoon in it. :D

:roflmao:

You should have offered her $10 if she would throw it all in recycling...., :baiting:

I see a posting on Facebook for comic books. I message them and they tell me they are in possession of some very hot books. All highly collectible and in pristine condition.

Her: "No pictures but here is a list of the titles they are mostly number ones!!!"

Me:" I am not trying to be mean. These books are what we call "drek" or glut books. The last time I sold comics at the swap meet I got .25-50 for books like that. SO I don't want to buy them at all. You will do better finding someone who doesn't know their value"

Her: "$50 final offer they are in plastic sleeves which means they are more collectible than ones off the shelf they have white boards and everything."

Me: "Your best bet is to find someone who knows nothing about comic books because they are not worth that much. The bags and boards you are talking about do not denote a special value. They are bags the store or your brother bought to put them in. The bags and boards are worth MORE than your books."

Her: " I know these books are worth a LOT of money. He paid over $2 each for them over 15 years ago..so they are worth a lot more than that!"

Seriously lol OMG I told her to hustle on down to the CGC boards and maybe someone there would think they are more valuable..

oh well

oh well

Your explanation was to the point. I can't believe how dense some folks can be. Selective hearing at it's best.

I see this a lot in the baseball and sports card collecting community. Over-produced whose value these days is solely as kindling for starting up the fireplace.

You should have told her to plant the comics in the ground and then from them a comic tree will grow from that very area. In the Spring time the comic tree will bloom with X-Force 1's on all of the branches.

hm

You've never heard of Bizzaro World?

How long have you been into comics? :P