• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty Book of the Day (Another DC!!)

27 posts in this topic

Beautiful book, rahigh! Thanks for sharing it. yay.gif

Is there a minimum condition for sharing books on this thread? confused-smiley-013.gif I bet it I post my 4.0 Hawkman #4 people will laugh right? 27_laughing.gif

I don't think there's a minimum condition for this thread. Here's my Hawkman #4, and, as you can see, it's not high grade either. But, it is still a beautiful book.

674127-Hawkman4.jpg

674127-Hawkman4.jpg.855ff6fa5a8747cbb04eac57a8ac4a39.jpg

You are so right about that Burntboy!! Kane and Anderson did some beautiful work for DC in the sixties, along with Kubert. These are all books that I grew up with also, so I'm loving you post your stuff from Sid's. I'd like to see more. I kept most all of my books from the sixties also. Unfortunately, mine aren't in the same condition as yours, but the artwork and stories are still great.

Here's another book that I've put on my top twenty-five covers list, which, by the way, I'm posting on the Silverage forum tonight. I would love to hear some feedback on my list. 893applaud-thumb.gif

674133-Showcas60.jpg

674133-Showcas60.jpg.811f0b437bc776bf5bc7586c8a6d77a3.jpg

Rick, that Hawkman cover to # 4 is superb IMO!! That's my personal fave of the run ,not excluding # 5,& # 6 Winged Gorilla cover !!! Murphy Anderson's detail is just incredible!! Showcase # 60 one of the best Silver Age covers of DC! Isssue # 61 is a Killer in high grade also ,I take it you have one;if not; get one ;you won't be disappointed!! BTW ,go for that Showcase # 34 killer book, best cover of the Silver Age IMHO!!! If not ,one of the best; that's for sure!!!! cloud9.gifacclaim.gifthumbsup2.gif