• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty Book of the Day (Another DC!!)

27 posts in this topic

Just thought that I'd post one of my favorite covers of the Silverage. BTW, I was sitting at home today trying to come up with my top twenty-five covers of the silverage. That's a tough one, but I do include this book in my list...

673266-Hawkman9.jpg

673266-Hawkman9.jpg.4428455a9e2307ab17eae5b1fdb5e91f.jpg

Thanks. I think those Murphy Anderson and Gil Kane covers were just beautiful!!!! Here's a few other books I just scanned. These wouldn't make my top twenty-five, but they are still just gorgeous (IMO)...

673350-Atom16.jpg

673350-Atom16.jpg.2bec0aeb280f5367c617923c85c5aa02.jpg

I was sitting at home today trying to come up with my top twenty-five covers of the silverage.

Very cool covers, thanks for sharing! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

If you ever complete your list, I hope you'll share it with us. I'll make 2 suggestions for your list: B&B 34 and Showcase 4.

I was sitting at home today trying to come up with my top twenty-five covers of the silverage.

Very cool covers, thanks for sharing! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

If you ever complete your list, I hope you'll share it with us. I'll make 2 suggestions for your list: B&B 34 and Showcase 4.

So far, the B&B 34 is on the list. Also, Showcase 34 (right now it tops the list), 60 (Spectre). Also, B&B 61 (Starman & Black Canary). Fantastic Four 48, Avengers 4, Spiderman 50, Nick Fury 6 (although #3 is probably my favorite cover of the run. Still #6 is classic), Mystery In Space #90, Tales of Suspense 49 (just one of my all time favorites). There are sooooo many to choose from. Haven't even thought of the beautiful Disney (Dell Giants) stuff like Sleeping Beauty #1 and those great Duck's Christmas covers! Anyone got any suggestions?

DD 43! thumbsup2.gif Either CA 111 or 113, gotta have a Steranko Cap cover!

But what about Cap 110 with the Hulk? There could be a three-way tie on those books. I think, with all due respect to the Nick Fury stuff, that Steranko's three Captain America books were his best books at Marvel!

DD 43! thumbsup2.gif Either CA 111 or 113, gotta have a Steranko Cap cover!

But what about Cap 110 with the Hulk? There could be a three-way tie on those books. I think, with all due respect to the Nick Fury stuff, that Steranko's three Captain America books were his best books at Marvel!

I'm not a big fan of the Cap 110 cover, it certainly doesn't compare to 111 or 113. But thinking of Steranko Hulks has reminded me of Hulk Annual 1, definitely one of the best covers of all time.

What about Fantastic Four 25 or Brave & Bold 72? Spidey 33? Journey Into Mystery 88 or 112?

Hey, it's YOUR list, we're just making recommendations! Put what you want in and then post them... and then we'll spend 5 pages criticizing your choices. 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

the colors on this book are just awesome!!!!!!!!!!

it's always interesting to see the many forumites that are not familiar with these sixties DC covers.

Gil Kane and Murphy Anderson did outstanding work.......... thumbsup2.gif