• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Fall Seller Release 2014 uh oh

30 posts in this topic

The new "defect rate" for sellers is better now than before..

Before if you got 2-3 dings on your DSRs youd be out of business.

Now it is counted as a defect rate. Of course so do 3 star dings and resolution cases (returns)..

Still, for sellers, it is a better ratio than before..

I think

eBay doesn't work without buyers, they want people to feel safe buying on eBay. They are in competition with Amazon. Whatever they feel will give them a leg up in customer service over Amazon, they will pass onto the sellers. Which is why they take 1% on shipping fees cause they are pushing you to offer free shipping. They are making it easier on the buyer to make a return for any reason and want sellers to stand behind what they sell.

As far as GSP ... it helps the bottom line. I realize international *buyers* don't like it, but U.S. sellers should appreciate it.

Also, what many people don't realize is that eBay *and* amazon are in competition with Google. Go go google and search for "daredevil #1" and notice the books for sale on the right side.

eBay and Amazon advertise there, but if you have a website that lists comics for sale you should be connecting to Google Merchant Center and, for significant books, buying AdWords.

The links go right to the site offering the book for sale.

Now, imagine if that listing had a "Buy It Now" button ... that is the nightmare of Amazon and eBay and, frankly, one reason they buy so much advertising on Google.

You either accept returns or not... I don't see what the big deal is with this new policy.

you need to allow for returns if you want to be eligible for a Top Rated Seller discount.

I know, I am one

Then you should probably be capable of realizing that the the fee discount for a TRS is significant and loss of such a discount would be considered a big deal by most sellers.

Even if you don't offer returns, can't the buyer force a return via SNAD or something? Is the only reason not to offer returns to prevent auto-enrolling for managed returns but still offer manual returns on a case by case basis with unsatisfied buyers? ...but then you lose TRS status and the big discount.

Craigslist is starting to sound attractive again.