• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nothing new

5 posts in this topic

I have basically stop collecting new comics. I decided this with ASM 1 (2014). To put that money into older books that I want.

Here are just a few of my latest purchases of raw books. I do love raw books. Eventually I will have them CGC'd. But for now I want to enjoy them in their raw naked glory.

Every book I purchase, I place in a 4mil mylar bag along with a 42mil acid free backing board. This way I can take them out of the box and admire the cover art work without worrying that they may bend.

Growing up I loved watching the old horror flicks, Dracula, Frankenstein and Wolfman. So it only made sense that I seek these characters in their respective book.

Last year at NYCBM I found and purchased Dracula #1 and got it signed by Neal Adams and graded - CGC SS 7.0. Earlier this year I bought Frankenstein #1 (PGX 9.6) as well as a raw copy just recently. I own Marvel Spotlight #2 (1st app Werewolf By Night)

Now I have all three of the horror genre classic.

Werewolf By Night #1 will also be in my hands soon.

Now I would love a copy of 1st app of Doctor Strange (Strange Tales #110) but it is too pricey in the grade that I want. So when I saw Doctor Strange #169, I jumped on it. Now it can accompany my D S #1 (1974)

I also bought Strange Tales # 88, nothing special about this issue other than the issue has my birth month and year (9-1961). Like a previous journal in which some of you have done so, I thought I would do the same.

Also with my BD. of the books I want;

Amazing Adventures 4

Tales of Suspense 21

Journey into Mystery 72

Tales to Astonish 23

Enjoy and happy hunting

15817.JPG

See more journals by Studio 25

I also grew up watching the Universal and Hammer horror movies. The Wolfman was my favorite movie monster as a child, but as an adult, I realize Dracula is the main man (especially Christopher Lee's portrayal). I also liked the Creature from the Black Lagoon, but other than a super cool make-up job, the movie and the monster is rather slow and clunky.

I share your desire for an ST 110, and if I had the money would be on the market for DS 169. But with a Doctor Strange movie in the works, the price values for this occult cult classic is going to continue to soar beyond my current means.

I'm happy to read you love raws. It seems odd to have this POV on a CGC forum, but most collectors here must also share your love for them. I often lament at the lack of Silver and Bronze age raws I own. My raws are mostly representative of the Copper and Modern eras. And I want to reread them all, but I avoid doing so since I am always worried about compromising their condition. It's doubtful that I will reread any raws I intend to submit to the CGC. Isn't that a shame?

Anyway, congrats on your newest additions!

i hope you manage to track down the others in your BD set.

Thanks for sharing.

SW3D