• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for board input...holding books for overseas boardies

32 posts in this topic

I just realised that OP has been paid for the book, but not for the shipping. So I guess simply posting it to the buyer, even if he does have the right address, is out of the question as it would be too expensive.

That being the case, I think you either keep it until you hear from the buyer or, if you don't want to do that because it's taking too long (and I think most people would agree that one year is a reasonable period of time to wait), then I agree with Tech that you sell the book to someone else and refund the buyer.

My input.

You are the custodian for a book you no longer own. You have made several good faith attempts to contact the owner to no avail. Blindly selling the book at this point may not be an option in the event the owner has moved.

Continually holding the book is a an option but consider that if anything happens to it in the interim you are responsible as the custodian. What if you simply refund his money by making payment to his paypal account? If you do that you are basically refunding the customer for abandoned merchandise. Then you free to do with the slab as you want.

To the boardies that say to hold onto it. How long is too long?

I don't know if that is the solution but it is an option.

I would send him a message saying, I will hold it until X date.

^^

make sure you keep any records of your conversations and contact with him too.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. If it's raw, put it in box. If it's CGC, put it in a file cabinet.

Now forget about it.

When the time comes he can talk to your executor about getting it from your estate. :baiting:

Update:

I found his e-mail address in my paypal log from 2012. I wrote him and he contacted me back, basically saying he was going to contact someone and ask for an update about his other CGC submission. I'm glad to know he's still out there.

I appreciate all the input. Even though this was an easy fix, I was curious to find out what others would do in this situation.

Update:

I found his e-mail address in my paypal log from 2012. I wrote him and he contacted me back, basically saying he was going to contact someone and ask for an update about his other CGC submission. I'm glad to know he's still out there.

I appreciate all the input. Even though this was an easy fix, I was curious to find out what others would do in this situation.

Good stuff, you're going out of your way to get this guy his books :foryou:

Update:

That's good you got in touch with him, but it seems his submission is taking forever if it's been a year of no contact. I would've at least kept in touch if I were the buyer and knew someone had/was supposed to receive my books. lol

Well I was going to say use some Murphy's Law...sell his book then that would almost guarentee that he would surface the very next day.

I figured this very thing would happen to me if I ever sold the book.