• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

614/14 - first comic show in 24 years... Javitz Ctr NYC... first CGC sub

7 posts in this topic

Mining a short box last actively managed in 2002...

first show purchase in 28 years...

first CGC submission...

So I dug the remnants of my collection out in early June. What was left after the 2002 sell off was basically my partial run of ASM with copies of 39, 59, 121,122, 136, 252, 298-300 and a run of MCFarlane issues. I also kept my 1-4 of Wolverine (1986).

I figured it was time to get into the grading game so I signed up for my CGC membership and made two subs at the June 14 Javitz show. I also met some cool dealers. Picked up my first CGC book, Hulk 340. It was at this exact moment I realized i regrette my 2002 sell-off. And now I need them back.

Got the results this week with books in transit...

Debating if i should post the results here or video break it on youtube... thoughts?

Here is what went in...

Standard Sub

ASM:39,121,122,136 (my 4 freebies)

Modern Sub

Wolverine 1,

ASM: 252,268,298-301,306,312,316

See more journals by mattinglymint23

I'd be happy to - thanks

Here are the 10 books on the modern sub... unfortunately i didnt scan them on the way out to CGC - but will do on the return... problbly good idea to do so anyway...

Title Issue Grade Page Quality

• Wolverine 1 9.8 WHITE
  • ASM 252 8 WHITE
  • ASM 268 9.4 WHITE
  • ASM 298 9.4 WHITE
  • ASM 299 9.4 WHITE
  • ASM 300 9.4 WHITE
  • ASM 301 9 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE
  • ASM 304 9.2 WHITE
  • ASM 312 9.8 WHITE
  • ASM 316 9.6 WHITE

I was somewhat pleased with the 300 at a 9.4 - the book was my unread copy - i think the issues were two fold - small bindery tear at bottom and the cover was slightly off center where the top edge displayed a miscut.

I knew the 252 and the 268 were long shots because i read those many times - so at 9.4 on the 268 i was ok (I'll share the story on 268 in another thread as its basis for my collecting focus for a particular projec).

Other wise these were just a subset of my collection that survived some bad decisions and i am happy to have them preserved for my PC.

Please continue to share. I am really intrigued about your free submissions too, you have some beautiful books. I remember 300 being an instant favorite hit. I wish to send it in, but dread the grade it might receive.