• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeesh

30 posts in this topic

Who hates comic collectors? And who's giving anyone food? confused.gif

Have you watched TV or seen any movies lately? There are half naked ladies all over the place, and correct me if I'm wrong but they CHOOSE to be half naked. So why would comic collectors be hated for this?

And if a woman goes through all that trouble to show us the goods, we owe it to them to look.

Why did you post this? Is your girlfriend/wife looking over your shoulder?

Lighten up.

Jens, are you on drugs again? Time for another retarded thread? Lighten up buddy and drink up! You'll feel better after you wake up from your drunken stupor! tongue.gif

I doubt people who "hate" comic collectors, well actually I doubt they hate comic collectors, they might think that comics are "childish", but if they only knew about the grown-up money involved, they might think twice...I said might. Anyway what I was going to say before I went off on another thought is that I doubt anyone that has absolutely NO interest in comics, is going to be spending much time at a comic discussion forum...but you never know.

Anyway, what's not to like about the babe avatars? Fine looking women showing their beautiful curves? Between Mr. Bonds and AndrewKnights avatar I don't know which avatar I like better. It's all good! laugh.gifgrin.gif

Golly Jens....I am a woman and Im not even offended by their avatars. Sure its a bit juvenile but what can I say...."Boys will be boys" Lighten up.....Im still looking for my hunk, stud, guy with the hanging sack for my avatar! wink.gif

Evening to everyone. I haven't posted in a while, and this may cost me a couple stars, but I'm going to have to agree with Jens on this one. Though I love to admire nice curves and enjoy seeing God's female creation in all her bare glory, some of the avatars can get pretty dicey for a comic book site.

The way I see it, the website is literally available to the entire globe. I don't know how many kids actually surf the site, but for those that do, if they were my kids I'd feel a bit uneasy having them checking out the latest babe with dental floss between her glutes.

I'm not naive, I realize, sex is all around us, Cristina Aguilera grinds like a cheap stripper (okay, a highly paid stripper) in videos, Victoria's Secret has their hour long pantython on TV, and some songs are amazingly graphic in their sexual content. Realistically, kids are going to be bombarded by sexual images no matter what. I'm not a prude but I figure there's a time and place for everything. My opinion, is a comic book forum isn't the right place for bare bummed, spread eagle shots.

Evening to everyone. I haven't posted in a while, and this may cost me a couple stars

Actually I just gave you 5 stars for that post. The thing is - these images are just so easy to find on the net. They really don't have anything to do with comics and I have been rather befuddled as to why so many of these images are even here. Maybe compensation ( now if THAT doesn;t bring me down to one star nothing will!)

The closest I got was this:

Closest

And that was from a GA Junior Comics.

So yeah.

Ditto. Although I don't mind those avatars myself (only wish they had a

higher resolution!), a comics forum is probably not the best place to post

them. Jens hit a soft nail re. stereotypes. 5 stars from me to everyone

who replace their sexy/ist avatars.

That said, MOS' idea of an avatar competition is cool - just give me time

to replace mine first...

Evening to everyone. I haven't posted in a while, and this may cost me a couple stars, but I'm going to have to agree with Jens on this one. Though I love to admire nice curves and enjoy seeing God's female creation in all her bare glory, some of the avatars can get pretty dicey for a comic book site.

Cost you stars? Your going to have to try harder than this if you want to loose stars on account of me. Anyway, Amen brother! grin.gif

The way I see it, the website is literally available to the entire globe. I don't know how many kids actually surf the site, but for those that do, if they were my kids I'd feel a bit uneasy having them checking out the latest babe with dental floss between her glutes.

I see your point, and it is a valid one, but...

I'm not naive, I realize, sex is all around us, Cristina Aguilera grinds like a cheap stripper (okay, a highly paid stripper) in videos, Victoria's Secret has their hour long pantython on TV, and some songs are amazingly graphic in their sexual content. Realistically, kids are going to be bombarded by sexual images no matter what. I'm not a prude but I figure there's a time and place for everything. My opinion, is a comic book forum isn't the right place for bare bummed, spread eagle shots.

If kids are seeking out pictures of naked women (the best I can tell, although showing some skin, the women pictured in the avatars have clothing covering their "good loving" places laugh.gif ), or people having sex then they are going to find them. I'm not saying that it's right or trying to justify, I'm saying that while these avatars might be pushing the edge, I don't think they've crossed over...

I am surprised that we don't see more comic related avatars though, with as many comics as their are available...especially Liberty Meadows avatars! blush.giftongue.gifgrin.gif

Now go to a local pool and tell me what you will find! G-Strings baby! laugh.gif

I can definetly respect that.

However, I think that an avatar says a lot about a person, and is a way of expressing a part of your personality. And a part of mine happens to be an immense and intense shocked.gif apreciation for the beauty and craftsmanship of a well cut, well formed female body. I'm an avid workout enthusiasts and I can apreciate the work that goes into a finely tuned body.

Also, I'm kind of a horndog to tell the truth. But what do you want from me? I'm 24 and single. I'll calm down when I'm married and have a JR horndog(I hope blush.gif ). grin.gif