• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody on here ever watch the Witchblade TV Show?

5 posts in this topic

I know I'm about 14 years too late, but...

I just bought the complete series at Walmart today and I'm trying to get psyched into watching it (since there really isn't any demand for it at the moment).

The reviews here and there on the internet are kinda meh , but it was a top rated show before the star Yancy Butler had checked into rehab that possibly led to it's abrupt cancellation.

I never watched an episode of the show or read the comic (I vaguely remember the character in a Fathom issue) and my non-comic-reading friends don't remember it even.

I was wondering what you folks thought of it (if you caught an episode here and there)? You guys are better reviewers for funnybook movies/TV shows than some probably retired by now Los Angeles TV show critic anyway.

Thank you.

I watched both series of it and it was mostly fairly watchable. I hadn't read any Witchblade comics at the time so didn't have any preconceptions.

I thought the second series was a bit better than the first, a bit more of a developing storyline as I remember it. Certainly not the best TV series by a long shot but not bad if there's nothing better on.

It doesn't really hold up well over the years. I had fond recollections of Witchblade and like you bought the series with great anticipation of watching it again. And though the pilot was pretty good, it was ironically light on exposition until the end of the first ep. The series as a whole did seem to take a slow spiral of unwatchability.

Bought the comic book on the day it came out and been reading it for some time. Saw (part of) one episode of the series and just didn't like what they did with it. No way did it justice to the book. Never watched any of it again...