• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beware Lisa325is trojan emails

51 posts in this topic

Are you saying Macs don't ever get viruses?

I believe there was one virus outbreak once. They can potentially get viruses, but they don't.

Prior to OS X there were between 50 and 100 viruses that could target MACs. However, the last that I heard, there were none that were known to target OS X successfully. I'm pretty sure that there is no none virus to work on an un-jailbroken iphone.

Some malware will work, even on OS X, but you have to install it. OS X will catch it 99.9% of the time and warn you. I've never heard of anyone being impacted even by malware.

I messaged her and tried to help her as well. Opened them on my iPhone. :idea:

Are you saying Macs don't ever get viruses?

I believe there was one virus outbreak once. They can potentially get viruses, but they don't.

Prior to OS X there were between 50 and 100 viruses that could target MACs. However, the last that I heard, there were none that were known to target OS X successfully. I'm pretty sure that there is no none virus to work on an un-jailbroken iphone.

Some malware will work, even on OS X, but you have to install it. OS X will catch it 99.9% of the time and warn you. I've never heard of anyone being impacted even by malware.

I messaged her and tried to help her as well. Opened them on my iPhone. :idea:

For those of you who think Macs/OSX is 99.9% virus proof, please stop thinking that. They are not. As far back as 06 there have been large scale mac Virus attacks. (The Leap worm was an awesome poison apple.) There was the Mac Sweeper scare in '08. In 2010 OpinionSpy was found which collected IMs, email, browsing history, banking detail etc. Then of course there was Flashback....