• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MIle HIgh Email

54 posts in this topic

Details from email:

1) All back issue comics on our website are now listed at prices ranging from 65%-80% off of our list prices. There are no codewords in effect right now, so the incredibly low discount prices listed on our website are exactly what you will pay. If you check these prices out, I think you will be simply amazed. We are offering you the opportunity to purchase not only our overstock at these unbelievably enticing discounts, but also all of the very best back issues in our entire 10 million issues inventory. In more than a few instances, these prices are the same, or even lower, than what we pay to other dealers. In effect, you can for the next four days purchase many of our best back issues at below our actual costs.

2) All of our trade paperbacks and hardbacks have now been reduced to a full 50% off of list price. Once again, this drops many of them to below our actual cost of purchasing them from Diamond.

3) For the first time ever, we are going offer you the opportunity to purchase some of the rare issues from the Dallas Stephens collection at a 30% discount from list price. Each comes with its own certificate of authenticity attesting to the fact that it was actually personally owned by Dallas Stephens. Please bear in mind, however, that most of the comics in this rare provenance collection were one-of-a-kind, so ordering quickly at these discounts is advised.

4) For those of you who shop in our retail stores, all apparel, toys, and cards are now on sale at 50% off! Please be aware, however, that all of our stores will close at 4 PM on Christmas Eve, so that our staff members can be with their families. In addition, it almost goes without saying that all of our stores will be closed on Christmas Day. We also have a large selection of these genres on our website, and they are also 50% off during the sale.

5) While we usually exempt statues from our sales, I am feeling particularly generous this year, so I am having all of our statues and ceramic busts placed on sale at 40% off. This is an offer I will probably not soon repeat, as statues are a real pain to pack and ship.

Besides offering you these wonderful discounts, I am also going to keep our free shipping offer in effect for all domestic orders over $40, and all International orders over $100 (no express carriers).

3) For the first time ever, we are going offer you the opportunity to purchase some of the rare issues from the Dallas Stephens collection at a 30% discount from list price. Each comes with its own certificate of authenticity attesting to the fact that it was actually personally owned by Dallas Stephens. Please bear in mind, however, that most of the comics in this rare provenance collection were one-of-a-kind, so ordering quickly at these discounts is advised.

Got mine! thumbsup2.gif

thats not the full email. You edited off the last paragraph:

6) Dont order NM/M books if you actually expect books in NM/M condition. We buy far too many comics to actually grade each and every fakking one accurately and just slap one of our NM/M stickers on the crappy used bags we bought them in. And dont complain either cause we'll cancel your account. Mint freaks are not welcome, or anyone else who expects accurately graded HG comics.

thats not the full email. You edited off the last paragraph:

6) Dont order NM/M books if you actually expect books in NM/M condition. We buy far too many comics to actually grade each and every fakking one accurately and just slap one of our NM/M stickers on the crappy used bags we bought them in. And dont complain either cause we'll cancel your account. Mint freaks are not welcome, or anyone else who expects accurately graded HG comics.

I can only buy CGC graded books from them. That's the way they wanted it and I agreed.

Sadly, this is true and a lesson I learned the hard way. I recently ordered four raw NM books (nothing pricey, mind you, and all heavily discounted anyway to mitigate any risk) and only one was actually NM (a decent 9.2). One was a 7.5, one a 8.5,and the last a 9.0.

However, I discovered that Mile High is an excellent source for CGC books during one of their sales, provided the discount structure is deep enough and the shipping is free. They also pack extremely well, and their service is prompt.

I only purchase CGC material from them. I've received fast service and the pricing, especially recently with the extra 20%, has been good. I've been putting together a CGC Thor run lately and received five issues between 163 and 175, all CGC 9.2, at an average cost of thirty six dollars each. With free shipping.

yeah. I actually started looking at their graded books lately figuring thats teh only way I'll ever get anything Id be happy with. As long as I catch an 85% off sale that is.

Actually...he's jacked up the prices on the CGC comics to offset the discount. Yesterday, he had a couple of Thors 190-200s in 9.6 listed at $100 pre-discount that had sold previously but the listing was still up. Offset that against the "new" 9.6s at $225 pre-discount. I guess someone noticed as the listings have been deleted today...

Jim

3Each comes with its own certificate of authenticity attesting to the fact that it was actually personally owned by Dallas Stephens.

I might pass out from the excitement. Proof that I own a book once owned by the legendary Dallas Stephens?!? A man so legendary I'd never heard of him until he sold his collection to Chuckles? I just can't believe my good fortune. yeahok.gif

3Each comes with its own certificate of authenticity attesting to the fact that it was actually personally owned by Dallas Stephens.

I might pass out from the excitement. Proof that I own a book once owned by the legendary Dallas Stephens?!? A man so legendary I'd never heard of him until he sold his collection to Chuckles? I just can't believe my good fortune. yeahok.gif

I know, as soon as it arrives, I plan on rubbing the certificate all over my naked, excited, ungulating body...and then the foreplay will be over and I get to have my way with the book.

cloud9.gif

I guess only dealers salivate when they hear the name? confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

Jim

Well...this could be said about a lot of the BSD Silver Age collectors. How many non-dealers honestly knew about Tom Brulato before the scoop article or much about Doug Schmell before he came on the boards? confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

Well...this could be said about a lot of the BSD Silver Age collectors. How many non-dealers honestly knew about Tom Brulato before the scoop article or much about Doug Schmell before he came on the boards? confused-smiley-013.gif

Who's Tom and Doug? confused-smiley-013.gifstooges.gif

Very astute observation...we could also add the "Greggy Nutsac Collection" 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifflowerred.gif

Jim

Jim

More to the point, how many people (dealer or non) would want a COA stating that a book was once owned by Doug ir Tom? Who cares confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

More to the point, how many people (dealer or non) would want a COA stating that a book was once owned by Doug ir Tom? Who cares confused-smiley-013.gif

I can remember receiving my X-Men # 121 from Mile High Comics way back in 1986...it was from the "Mile High 2" collection and came with a really cool COA. Considering my local comic shop rarely had Byrne X-Men in anything close to "mint", this book was something special, and the Certificate made it seem more so.

Of course, I was 12 at the time and I've since forgotten more meaningful knowledge about this hobby then I ever knew then ....so....don't belittle the pre-teen collectors of the world who don't know better! 893naughty-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

I know, as soon as it arrives, I plan on rubbing the certificate all over my naked, excited, ungulating body...and then the foreplay will be over and I get to have my way with the book.

cloud9.gif

This is very wrong, in oh soooo many ways.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif