• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MIle HIgh Email

54 posts in this topic

Chuck bought the stock of both stores and closed them. The owners, feeling that they couldn't compete, didn't think they had any other viable choice.

893whatthe.gif Hostile takeover by Chuckles...I thought he (Mile High as a company) was near bankrupt around that time (according to his Tales from the database)until his wonderful innovative pioneer project, his internet website, spread his Good News worldwide, allowing the deprived peoples of the 3rd world, access to his comic treasures! 27_laughing.gif

Maybe the owners were looking at the market at the time and thought I could do much better with the amount of effort and money I invest in this comics shop...let's open up a Starbucks franchise instead confused-smiley-013.gif

Have you sent any of your "NM" MH books to CGC for grading?

No, never had anything slabbed.

Probably never will.

I like being able to read my comics. Or at least thumb through them to refresh my memory on books I've already read.

I'm not questioning your motives for getting or not getting your comics graded. Have you ever seen in person a CGC 9.4? I'm questioning your ability to grade accurately if you think all the books you've received from MH are "NM".

Have you sent any of your "NM" MH books to CGC for grading?

No, never had anything slabbed.

Probably never will.

I like being able to read my comics. Or at least thumb through them to refresh my memory on books I've already read.

I'm not questioning your motives for getting or not getting your comics graded. Have you ever seen in person a CGC 9.4? I'm questioning your ability to grade accurately if you think all the books you've received from MH are "NM".

I was thinking the same thing. Now I dont think that I can grade that well, but I can read and everything that I read says that MH cant grade. If someone says otherwise I have a really hard time believing them. Of course they could have just gotten lucky, but it always makes me wonder about their ability to grade.

And talking about the California Mega Store...this in the latest Mile High update...

This column is being written in Garden Grove, California. I'm out here visiting our store in California for the very last time. As of this upcoming Sunday, ownership of the Garden Grove Mega-Store will transfer to Walter Sebring, who has been a member of our Garden Grove staff for the past year. I make this bittersweet announcement with significant regret, as I have greatly enjoyed working with all of the staff and customers of the Garden Grove area during the 12 years that we have owned the store. The reality of the situation, however, is that my time, and the time of our Denver staff, is increasingly committed to serving the needs of our online constituency. This primary focus on the Internet has led to a decline in our ability to adequately provide for the needs of our customers in Garden Grove. Rather than allow this situation to deteriorate any further, I made the decision earlier this month to close the store before the end of the year. I was able to set aside that sad! pronouncement today, however, when Walter agreed to keep the store in operation for the foreseeable future. Suffice it to say I am very, very happy that the store will be staying open after next week!

He goes on in more detail about California tax being another primary reason for the decision...personally I think the store wasn't performing well based on other updates where Chuck addressed the store's problems...

Jim

My spam filter blocks his news letters, even after I added his address to my white list. He's the only sender I can't force my spam filter to allow through. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

wow - - I gotta get ME one of them spam filteres cause his letters ALWAYS get through mine!!!

Have bought comics from Mile High many times and never a problem. Comics were always graded correctly. Mistakes are bound to happen with the daily volume Mile High deals with. They are my #1 Internet source for comics with prices lower than my comic shop. Much better service than mycomicshop.com.

Chuck ??? izzat you???

Chuck Rozanski will be on the Comic Zone in January!

Don't miss it!

Vincent

Can you ask him if Daredevil, Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles grade his back stock? I just ordered 20 NM or NM/MT books from him, and maybe 5 of them were NM. mad.gif About 5 of them had numerous creases along the spine, one had a 1/2" tear on the top of the back cover, several had sun shadows, etc. etc. AWFUL grading, and the books were nowhere near the grades represented.

If you're looking to buy from Mile High just to fill holes in your collection or get reader copies, you'll do fine. If you're looking for accurately graded books, go FAR FAR away!! mad.gif

I just received a small order from MHC; stuff shipped in about a week, not too shabby. The books were all moderns (from the last 10 years) and they all looked nice at a glance through the bags, the few I removed from the bags so far were NM or better.

I ended up getting some of Jim Shooter's Broadway Comics for cheap (a little more than a buck a copy mostly, some as high as $2 per) since I missed these when they first came out. Also picked up some other random issues to finish sets to sell on ebay. And I got the last issue I needed to finish my Comico Grendel set (1-40).

I missed out on the free shipping though since I didn't spend $40, but the shipping charge was only $4.00 and the comics were sent by priority mail and the postage was $7 and change, so that was cool.

This is my third order from Chuck and I have to say I'm happy with what I've gotten and I'll probably put in another order or two in 2005.

My spam filter blocks his news letters, even after I added his address to my white list. He's the only sender I can't force my spam filter to allow through. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How much is this spam filter, and where can I get it? Actually, forget the first question - money's no object.