• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr.X's Cheap Trashy Worthless Wizard Chicago Report

219 posts in this topic

This year the con is going to be day to day for me. I'm hoping to go three days so we'll see. I'm definitely going on Saturday to get as many pics as I can.

I also hope I can get a pic with Erica Durance from Smallville, as I already have one with Vandervoot.

As usual, my con report thread will probably turn into a train wreck, so lets go. :acclaim:

Headed up there around noon. Had a deal going with one of our board dealers and wanted to get it squared away before the con opens tomarrow. Man does the floor look different packed with huge trucks and vehicles.

Lots of tables, chairs, shelving all over the place. I really have a new appreciation for what these dealers go through to unload and set up. Looks like a ton of work.

005-6.jpg

006-10.jpg

Ran into a lot of boardies today lurking around all over the place. The Watcher, Roy, October, Bomber - Bob, C - Mack, G.A. Collectables, Joey Post, Greg Reece, Dale, Watson, Bob, Storms, Gator, Vinnie from Metro, and more.

Then without the slightest warning, he emerged from the shadows.

003-5.jpg

Lighting in there was terrible today. I think they had most of the main lights off. Not good for picture taking. Picked up about eight books and I'll post them later in the thread.

Most of the dealers weren't even set up yet. Those that were did not have there wall stock up, so not a whole lot to look at.

But,.............Greg Reece has something that was interesting to say the least.

doh!

Ran into a lot of boardies today lurking around all over the place. The Watcher, Roy, October, Bomber - Bob, C - Mack, G.A. Collectables, Joey Post, Greg Reece, Dale, Watson, Bob, Storms, Gator, Vinnie from Metro, and more.

003-5.jpg

:sick: I would have left at that point.

It's going to get trashy when Saturday rolls around and picture taking starts. :acclaim:

I hope you cosplay as this guy and take pics! :cloud9:

bringoutthegimp.jpg

003-5.jpg

:sick: I would have left at that point.

Me too.