• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much is one little girl's life worth? A charity thread for Eliza O'Neill

68 posts in this topic

I believe the title says it all.

As a father to a two year old little girl, I cannot imagine the stress, sadness and roller coaster of emotions that the O'Neill's are experiencing.

So I'm wanting to start a charity thread. It's very simple. I'm going to list a book and 100% of the proceeds from the sale go towards funding the cure for Sanfilippo Syndrome. If you're unfamiliar with this disease, then click here.

Why am I doing this? Eliza's brother is in my son's class in elementary school. Our son, Titus, came home from school today and told us that his classmate Beckham was going to be home from school for a bit because his sister is sick. Titus proceeded to tell us about Eliza's syndrome inasmuch as he can understand it.

Fortunately, doctors/scientists believe that they can cure Sanfilippo Syndrome with a breakthrough gene therapy treatment. However, funding has been cut off due to red tape in Washington. The amount needed for treatment and continued research is $1.8mm. While this may seem like a staggering number, it's not for just Eliza. Many other children in various stages of the syndrome will be participating, so any donation will help the lives of many young children.

We do not know this family personally...only that they're a part of our school family. However, they're from Columbia, SC and are leading the drive to cure Sanfilippo Syndrome.

Here's the link to the gofundme page for Eliza: Eliza O'Neill

Any donation is 100% appreciated an desperately needed. As each day passes, she gets closer to one of the "milestones" where bad things happen: loss of speech, loss of ability to walk, loss of ability to swallow and then the vital organs shut down which results in death.

So I'm going to post two books for sale. Again 100% of the proceeds go directly to the gofundme fundraiser. I encourage anyone who reads this thread to donate something, whether it be a book to sell here or a straight donation to Eliza's cause.

Shipping is also included to anywhere in the world, within reason.

The two books (I'll add scans shortly):

Amazing Spider-Man #46 CGC 8.5 OW/W $250

Amazing Spider-Man #300 CGC 9.6 W $400

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Thanks in advance to all our boardie friends and family!

Brock & Mary

Hi all this is Mary :)

I hope you take 5 minutes to click through to the Go Fund Me page for Eliza O'Neill and at least view her video. This is the perfect example of a situation where every little bit helps so I challenge you to skip lunch out tomorrow and donate even just $5 or $10 to better the lives of Eliza and the many children currently suffering with San Filippo Syndrome.

http://www.gofundme.com/ElizaONeill

All proceeds go to Eliza!

Silver/Bronze Age Iron Man lot of 10 books. Average grade is VG to VG+

Numbers: 38, 44, 45, 46, 82, 83, 84, 88, 90, 91

$50 shipped within US

jgpe7t.jpg

vo7wg6.jpg

impaoz.jpg

Bronze Age Captain America lot of 13 books. Average grade is VG to VG+

Numbers: 209, 210, 217, 219, 220, 222, 223, 224, 231, 232, 233, 234, 236

$50 shipped within US

se1w2a.jpg

2u8ickm.jpg

Strange Tales #115. Origin Dr. Strange.

Had this in "can you spare a grade" a while back and the consensus was a 4.0.

1 " spine split & small chip out at top of binding with issues to bottom of top staple evident. Impact at top of cover with numerous creases as shown.

Light tanning to inside edges of cover with no brittleness, all pages C/OW securely attached to cover. $120.00 shipped in the US. Proceeds go to Eliza!

StrangeTales115front001_zpsa2c0ad6e.jpg

StrangeTales115back001_zps9a9d41e6.jpg

1 " spine split & small chip out at top of binding with issues to bottom of top staple evident. Impact at top of cover with numerous creases as shown.

Light tanning to inside edges of cover with no brittleness, all pages C/OW securely attached to cover. $120.00 shipped in the US. Proceeds go to Eliza!

:takeit:

Peace,

Chip

:takeit:

Peace,

Chip

:applause: Awesome Chip! Way to support a fellow SC family!!!

Remember, even if you are unable to donate to this cause PLEASE share Eliza's story with your family and friends via social media, blogs etc. Help us get the word out and be the big push for funding her cure!

~Mary

All life is precious! It's unfortunate that so many people take the simplest things in life for granted. I could have had me leg amputated, but it was spared with a fasciotomy. My leg will never be normal & I've gone through a lot of pain over the past 4 years but I can walk normally. I would need serious nerve regeneration therapy to ever feel normal sensation throughout my leg again though.

I try to remember that the body is temporary & life last a very short time. We could die at any moment so appreciate every moment you have.

Limited mobility is actually how I got into collecting comics as more than a hobby.