• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much is one little girl's life worth? A charity thread for Eliza O'Neill

68 posts in this topic

All life is precious! It's unfortunate that so many people take the simplest things in life for granted. I could have had me leg amputated, but it was spared with a fasciotomy. My leg will never be normal & I've gone through a lot of pain over the past 4 years but I can walk normally. I would need serious nerve regeneration therapy to ever feel normal sensation throughout my leg again though.

I try to remember that the body is temporary & life last a very short time. We could die at any moment so appreciate every moment you have.

Limited mobility is actually how I got into collecting comics as more than a hobby.

Thank you for the reminder. It is so easy to take for granted the life and/or the way of living we are accustomed to. Every moment we have here is a gift. Thank you all for your generosity!

~Mary

Good morning all it's a brand new day so let's start it out right and do what we can to give back by supporting a local SC family and their 4yo daughter, Eliza, fight back against San Filippo Syndrome through funding clinical trials that could save her life and countless others'! Please read the original post here for more information.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7985766&fpart=1

We have raised over $600 in just a few hours last night!!! Shall we see if we can crest $2000 by this evening?! You can donate in the form of books in this thread or to donate directly to Eliza O'Neill go to http://www.gofundme.com/ElizaONeill

Remember, if you can't donate PLEASE take a few moments to share her story with as many people as you can reach! Sharing her story is just as important as giving so share away whether you can donate or not!

Who's with us?!

~Mary

Don't forget for those who work for company's that does matching.

This is a non-profit! Info below:

SavingEliza is part of our own non-profit 501c3 Cure Sanfilippo Foundation (Tax ID: 46-4322131)

I have donated and working with my company for matching :D

Don't forget for those who work for company's that does matching.

This is a non-profit! Info below:

SavingEliza is part of our own non-profit 501c3 Cure Sanfilippo Foundation (Tax ID: 46-4322131)

I have donated and working with my company for matching :D

that's awesome!

That's awesome Billy!

By my calculation, we've raised over $1000 so far! And let's not forget the items that are still available on prior pages:

Page 1

Silver/Bronze Age Iron Man lot of 10 books. Average grade is VG to VG+

Numbers: 38, 44, 45, 46, 82, 83, 84, 88, 90, 91

$50 shipped within US

Bronze Age Captain America lot of 13 books. Average grade is VG to VG+

Numbers: 209, 210, 217, 219, 220, 222, 223, 224, 231, 232, 233, 234, 236

$50 shipped within US

Page 3

Mysteries: Weird and Strange # 9 ~ $50 - Donate to the charity and it is yours! - Shipped for free.

Bought it off the boards as a 5.5 ~ "the spot on edge on back cover is ink from the printing process" was noted in the sale

Thank you so much to everyone who has stuck with us today and continued to be so generous! It really means a lot to me to be part of a community such as this!

Greg O'Neill, Eliza's father, expressed his thanks today on Facebook and my response to him is that I only wish we could do more.

Thank you again! Keep sharing and if you are late to the party and wish to do so keep giving!

:whee: