• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CC event auction: anyone pick anything up?

95 posts in this topic

Busted my art auction cherry this afternoon with these two Buscema pages. Just about everything I like about Thor on these: great dialogue, Hela, Kirby Krackle, awesome sound effects, Warriors Three action and some cool Thor poses.I was really happy I was able to pick them both up.

thor201-01.jpg

thor201-02.jpg

:applause: two sweet panel pages to bust your cherry on !

The part of my Strange Tales run that ended tonight was a mixed bag. The early Dr. Strange keys destroyed GPA averages, but the non-keys and pre-Dr. Strange issues underperformed, and there were real bargains for some buyers.

I bid on some of Namisgr's Strange Tales run tonight and picked up 4. 131, 150, 157 & 158. Thanks Namisgr, great books!

I got FATMAN, THE HUMAN FLYING SAUCER #3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that part of the event auction? Never bid on something with this 3 minute extension deal. Didn't much like it, but whatever. Hard to swoop in and get a bargain that way.

fat218a.jpg

white pgs

rare issue

Moondog's Dr. Fate Collection

Highest Graded

Was that part of the event auction? Never bid on something with this 3 minute extension deal. Didn't much like it, but whatever. Hard to swoop in and get a bargain that way.

fat218a.jpg

white pgs

rare issue

Highest Graded

Now you HAVE to get issues one and two lol !!!!!

Congrats! The only 9.8 in the census. I was hoping that book would hit $500 so I'm very pleased.

Then, we are both happy, but the guy who I was bidding against is probably wishing he had went a little higher, because I was done. You just never know. Another $20 and I would have let it go, but you never know that! It did go high, but in a few years I will have forgotten what I paid for it, and it will still be the only 9.8 on the census, and Fatman might be getting the respect he deserves!

As a Herbie collector I understand completely! :)

fat218a.jpg

white pgs

rare issue

Highest Graded

I couldn't find anything wrong with that book. Deserves 9.9 or even 10. Really.

As a seller I can tell you I'm not pleased with the CC auction... I know how to give my own books away - and now CC is doing it for me and with an additional 10%.

There are always winners and losers, whether CL, Heritage or CC.

Indeed.

Hard to understand auctions - The TOS 69 that sold tonight went for $900 - the last 9.4 sale was two years ago at $418. I estimated $550 or so tops.

As a seller I can tell you I'm not pleased with the CC auction... I know how to give my own books away - and now CC is doing it for me and with an additional 10%.

Indeed.

Hard to understand auctions - The TOS 69 that sold tonight went for $900 - the last 9.4 sale was two years ago at $418. I estimated $550 or so tops.

It's a wicked tough book in grade. I'm not really that surprised by that result.

Indeed.

It's a wicked tough book in grade. I'm not really that surprised by that result.

.....coupled by the fact that those who have them are scared to death they might sell them a week before the Titanium Man movie appearance is announced... GOD BLESS...

-jhimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Indeed.

.....coupled by the fact that those who have them are scared to death they might sell them a week before the Titanium Man movie appearance is announced... GOD BLESS...

-jhimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I still can't believe they picked Whiplash over Titanium Man. :facepalm: