• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Masters of Anatomy

75 posts in this topic

J. Scott Campbell cover and his photo reference model.

8b154015f2f13986-JScottCampbell_08.jpg

Why even use reference? He completely lost the relaxed natural body pose.....

I was glad to see the tense pose. It works with the newspaper headline "Spider-Man Frightens Citizens" with Spidey webbing his way behind her.

Apparently there's some pent-up demand for good reference books..

Isn't this still in print?

hogarda.gif

(shrug)

:applause:

That's the first person that came to mind. And I have my copy on my bookshelf :headbang:

Locke and Key's Gabriel Rodriguez stands out to me as well. His work is just masterful on that title. I don't know if I'd call him a master of anatomy or if I'd call him a master of body language, which could be a different side of the same coin.

In that case her face doesn't match the pose. It looks unconcerned.

Arched eyebrows. Down-turned mouth. A pensive and concerned look. But while I know nothing of any modern Spiderman stories (around the 20 centers is when I stopped except for a brief foray into the 252 black costume bit) my assumption is she has an interest in Spidey. She is wearing a Spidey t-shirt. And the pic on the wall - no idea but it could be her and Parker (or whoever Spidey is today).

So if she does have an interest in him, real or just imagined, she seems concerned for him.

I see the eyebrows and mouth but she just doesn't look concerned to me

I dont think he pulled it off

8b154015f2f13986-JScottCampbell_08.jpg

Why even use reference? He completely lost the relaxed natural body pose.....

I was glad to see the tense pose. It works with the newspaper headline "Spider-Man Frightens Citizens" with Spidey webbing his way behind her.

I think you're giving him too much credit.

In that case her face doesn't match the pose. It looks unconcerned.

Arched eyebrows. Down-turned mouth. A pensive and concerned look. But while I know nothing of any modern Spiderman stories (around the 20 centers is when I stopped except for a brief foray into the 252 black costume bit) my assumption is she has an interest in Spidey. She is wearing a Spidey t-shirt. And the pic on the wall - no idea but it could be her and Parker (or whoever Spidey is today).

So if she does have an interest in him, real or just imagined, she seems concerned for him.

That's what I see too. Very closed off body-language, hugging her coffee and herself at the same time, tucked legs. It's a physical "if you get hurt, I'll be crushed".

She looks like she could be watching The View

Serious question. What is "The View"?

If I answer this one the thread will get locked

Just a correction, but that is a cosplay recreation photo, not a reference he used :grin:

Thanks! (thumbs u I just grabbed it from the portfolio offered, assumed the context.