• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First pictures of Doctor Doom from the new FF movie leaked

107 posts in this topic

Man, I've been around long enough to remember when people were saying Michael Keaton was a horrible choice for Bruce Wayne/Batman. I guess these gut reactions of "it sucks" will be around as long as superhero movies are made. :sorry:

I think just like the people who were hoping for a GOTG failure, those hoping for a FF movie failure are going to be disappointed. I have to ask, is the sole reason people are hoping for a failure is because Marvel/Disney is not releasing this movie? (shrug)

I don't get it. The GOTG movie also change the looks of characters (Drax, Nebula, and Yondu come to mind), the personality of some characters (Yondu and Groot), and it worked out just fine.

If Marvel had these properties back, we probably never would have seen the GOTG movie. They can only release so many movies and I doubt GOTG would have been consider before Spider-Man, X-Men, or FF.

I am basing it that the first 2 movies completely sucked, and they have changed everything about this movie. Don't get me started on Johnny Storm.

And Marvel changed the look of those characters in the comics several years ago. Even characters can sometimes change their wardrobes.

Sure Marvel changed the look of the characters. Right about the time they started working on the GOTG movie. Just like they are doing now with the Inhumans.

and what is wrong with Johnny Storm in the new movie? Making Sue and Johnny brother and sister via adoption, etc. isn't that huge of a change as long as they are still brother and sister.

What is wrong is that is an unnecessary change. Blow up 800 issues of continuity just on a whim.

Its stupid.

If they are going to change all the characters, why even make the FF movie? Why not just make a different movie and then you can cast whoever you want. I will never go see it and never purchase the DVD.

Are you this upset that the director of GOTG says Peter Quill's dad won't be the same as his dad in the comic? That James Rhodes is a military man in the movie and not Tony's pilot? Sam Wilson is a military man? SHIELD is responsible for forming the Avengers? The Mandarin is a two-bit actor? Thor was never Donald Blake? I could go on and on with the changes Marvel studios has made to the characters. Why did they bother making those movies if they are not going to remain 100% faithful to what was printed, correct?

Fox has already delivered two FF movie abortions, they have no built in goodwill and no reason to expect the public will not be skeptical of the next one.

When you say public, you mean the CGC boards correct? Because if I recall, the first FF movie was successful enough for a sequel. And while the sequel didn't exceed the original's gross, it didn't exactly bomb. I doubt the "public" is sitting around worried about whether or not Johnny Storm in the next movie is adopted or not.

yep, it was only the CGC boards that thought those movies sucked.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fantastic_four/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fantastic_four_2_rise_of_the_silver_surfer/

if they don't make a sequel, they lose the rights; it's that simple.

Fox should include as many of the potential X-family characters they could potentially end up sharing with Marvel as possible in this turd of a franchise to 1) capture as many as they can before Marvel does it to them and 2) hope the tie-in with the X-Men can save things for a sequel.

In any case, the biggest problem with the FF is that the characters/property had their peak in the 60s and have been weak since then.

:devil:

I think just like the people who were hoping for a GOTG failure, those hoping for a FF movie failure are going to be disappointed. I have to ask, is the sole reason people are hoping for a failure is because Marvel/Disney is not releasing this movie? (shrug)

I don't get it. The GOTG movie also change the looks of characters (Drax, Nebula, and Yondu come to mind), the personality of some characters (Yondu and Groot), and it worked out just fine.

If Marvel had these properties back, we probably never would have seen the GOTG movie. They can only release so many movies and I doubt GOTG would have been consider before Spider-Man, X-Men, or FF.

I am basing it that the first 2 movies completely sucked, and they have changed everything about this movie. Don't get me started on Johnny Storm.

And Marvel changed the look of those characters in the comics several years ago. Even characters can sometimes change their wardrobes.

Sure Marvel changed the look of the characters. Right about the time they started working on the GOTG movie. Just like they are doing now with the Inhumans.

and what is wrong with Johnny Storm in the new movie? Making Sue and Johnny brother and sister via adoption, etc. isn't that huge of a change as long as they are still brother and sister.

What is wrong is that is an unnecessary change. Blow up 800 issues of continuity just on a whim.

Its stupid.

If they are going to change all the characters, why even make the FF movie? Why not just make a different movie and then you can cast whoever you want. I will never go see it and never purchase the DVD.

+1000

I'm talking about comparing the back history of GOTG and FF. GOTG wasn't even a third tier group...I'm a big comic guy and I didn't know a think about them.

That's what i'm saying. Expectations for an FF movie are much higher due to the historical place.

Honestly going forward GOTG is now an A star franchise,while FF is a B star franchise. :o

You can`t even compare the two in popularity now. Think of how at one time Buck Rogers was more popular than the upstart Wolverine. That`s FF compared to GOTG now. With that being said I expect FF will be a decent movie because the director Josh Trank is considered good. Josh Trank is considered so good that he is directing one of the Star Wars movies. Yes, the Star Wars people have given Trank the keys to the car to direct their golden goose Star Wars.

FF director to direct Star Wars film.

So in conclusion I expect the movie to be well-made, but suspect at the box office because it`s going up against Jurassic World and Ted 2.

I'm talking about comparing the back history of GOTG and FF. GOTG wasn't even a third tier group...I'm a big comic guy and I didn't know a think about them.

That's what i'm saying. Expectations for an FF movie are much higher due to the historical place.

Honestly going forward GOTG is now an A star franchise,while FF is a B star franchise. :o

B Franchise is being generous. FF has been a C or D franchise for decade or two now.........

I have to ask, is the sole reason people are hoping for a failure is because Marvel/Disney is not releasing this movie?

Marvel has a track record of putting out quality films (similar to Pixar, another Disney acquisition). On the other hand Fox and Sony have spotty track records and their incentives for the reboots is purely for profit. Did we really need The Amazing Spider-Man movie? At least Fox is trying to mix it up with the X-Men franchise. In the end it's all about the bottom line for any company whether it be Disney, Fox, or Sony. Look at what Disney did with an unknown property this year? Even the Marvel Studios version of Hulk was much better than the predecessor a few years prior from Universal.

At any rate I hope Fox and Sony fail so the characters can all go back to Marvel and they have their full creatively at their disposal. Keep in mind Fox and Sony only make money from films off these characters, they do not care as much about making lasting impressions. Disney/Marvel on the other hand is going to monetize the charters as much as they can. Be prepared for a blitz of GOTG-anything to hit stores. This depends largely on successful films or whatever medium they use to promote their properties (Frozen anyone?).

BTW - possible cancellation of FF comics; killing off Wolverine; do you think it's any coincidence Disney wants to kill off properties they don't have movies rights to? They can afford to wait 10 years to get the properties back.

News flash for Dosney: killing off a comic character is never fatal. They always come back to life.

Guys relax. You guys are so quick to judge. You know you guys will watch it either way haha
Incorrect.

+1, there is no chance i'd waste my $ on this if it's anything like the first one. i certainly didn't waste it on the 2nd after seeing the first.

Same here. I won't go see it. I don't even own the first two movies because they were terrible.

I have lots of comic movies on Bluray...yes, Bosco EVEN DC MOVIES. :)

The FF is the my favorite comic of all-time, and I don't want anything to do with the movies. They're just not the FF to me. Horrible.

Peace,

Chip