• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Last Chance - $500k in CGC Golden Age for Sale on Ebay.

23 posts in this topic

On December 27th, 2004 at 10am PST, I will begin listing a ton of CGC certified Golden Age and other comics on Ebay. To view these (7 and 10 day) listings, simply do a Ebay seller search for Grimstarman. They will be appearing in mostly alphabetical order starting with Action Comics #4 CGC VF 8.0 and ending with Zip Comics #5 CGC NM 9.4.

Don't hesitate to ask me for larger scans on these items!

I have run many of these listing on Ebay over the past year and after this current set of listings I plan to VAULT (like Uncle Scrooge) AWAY most of these for the for-see-able future and let the demand for them catch up with their true scarcity.

Many are listed below, at and even above their 2004 Overstreet guide values to protect my investment. I think many collectors are under the mistaken impression that these items are very common simply because I offered them all up for sale in various venues throughout the past year. I hate putting so many of these up for sale at one time since many collectors become brain dead when presented with so many options and buy nothing. If that happens, it's not a big deal as it will be their loss and my gain. I'll just stow them away and finance my retirement. :>)

Why am I selling all these great items on Ebay?

Quite frankly, I need the extra money since we're having another child and I'm putting together capital for the purchase of a home. Besides, Ebay is offering sellers discounted listing rates for today's listings only.

I hope that my fellow collectors take the time to review all my listings and don't hesitate to ask for larger scans or more information. Don't let this last opportunity to fill the holes in your Golden Age comic collections pass you bye.

All told I'll be listing about a half-a-million ($500,000.00) dollars worth of scarce Golden Age and other comics on Ebay today. Many of these items are quite scarce with an average of 8 or fewer certified copies known to exist in the most recent CGC census (compare that to the nearly 1000 copies of Amazing Spiderman #1 that have been certified so far). 893whatthe.gifGive em' a look and Happy New Year! GRIMSTARMANS CURRENT EBAY LISTINGS! thumbsup2.gif

Several All Stars are listed

ALL STAR COMICS 1 CGC 5.0 VGF Off-white pages. CGC Comments: centerfold detached

Summer 1940 - Interior art is by Bernard Baily, Creig Flessel and Sheldon Moldoff.

ALL STAR COMICS 2 CGC 6.5 FN+ Cream to Off-White Pages.

Fall 1940 - Moldoff, Nodell and Bailey art

ALL STAR COMICS 4 CGC 8.5 VF+ Off-White Pages

3-4/1941 - 1st adventure of the JSA EE Hibbard, Moldoff & Bailey art - 4th highest CGC graded copy!

ALL STAR COMICS 6 CGC 9.2 NM- Off-White to White Pages

9/1941 - Johnny Thunder joins the JSA - Sheldon Modoff and Bailey art - 3rd highest CGC graded copy!

ALL STAR COMICS 7 CGC 7.0 FVF Off-white to white pages.

10-11/1941 - The Justice Society shows what being a hero is all about by raising money for war orphans - Everett E. Hibbard's cover illustration sets the perfect mood for this serious topic - The interior art is by Bernard Baily and Sheldon Moldoff.

ALL STAR COMICS 8 CGC 9.0 VF/NM Cream to Off-White Pages. Degree Of Restoration: Extensive Professional Restoration. CGC Grading Comments: color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cleaned re-glossed

12/1941-1/1942 - Origin & 1st appearance of Wonder Woman Burnley, Moldoff and Bailey art - HCGC: Highest CGC graded copy!

ALL STAR COMICS 10 CGC 5.5 FN- Cream to Off-White Pages

4-5/1942 - Gardner Fox story - E.E.Hibbard cover - Bernard Bailey, Jack Burnley, Sheldon Moldoff and Cliff Young art - Flash, Green Lantern cameo; Sandman new costume

ALL STAR COMICS 13 CGC 7.5 VF- Cream to Off-White Pages. Degree Of Restoration: Slight Professional Restoration. CGC Comments: color touch, piece added, tear seals, reinforced

10-11/1942 - Justice Society of America vs. Adolf Hitler! - Graded VG before restoration - As per Overstreet: Value is determined by taking the value prior to restoration ($496.00), then add the value of the apparent grade ($1349.00) and divide by 2. - Overstreet value is $923.00

ALL STAR COMICS 14 CGC 3.5 VG- Slightly Brittle Pages. CGC Comments: 0072125006

12/1942-1/1943 - "Food For Starving Patriots" - Gardner Fox story - Howard Sherman, Jack Kirby, Joe Simon and Sheldon Moldoff art - Joe Gallagher cover - Junior JSA club memberships begin

ALL STAR COMICS 20 CGC 4.5 VG+ Off-White to White Pages

Spring 1944 - Dr. Fate and Sandman cameo - Gerber Scarcity Rating of 6 - Sheldon Moldoff and Bailey art

ALL STAR COMICS 23 CGC 4.5 VG+ Cream to Off-White Pages. CGC Comments: 3" tear on 6th page

Winter 1944 - Origin & 1st appearance of Psycho Pirate - Last Spectre and Starman - Sheldon Moldoff art

ALL STAR COMICS 28 CGC 4.0 VG Off-White Pages. CGC Comments: 0073056013

4-5/1946 - Martin Nodell and Joe Kubert art - A Full Length Adventure "The Paintings That Walked the Earth" - Only 8 unrestored copies have been certified by CGC

ALL STAR COMICS 29 CGC 7.5 VF- Off-white to white pages

6-7/1946 - Interior art is by Joe Kubert and Martin Nodell.

ALL STAR COMICS 31 CGC 7.5 VF- Cream to Off-White Pages

10-11/1946 - Martin Nodell art

ALL STAR COMICS 38 CGC 5.5 FN- Off-white to white pages

12/1947 - The Justice Society Battles "Historys Crime Wave" - Black Canary Begins - JSA Death Issue - The interior art is by Alex Toth.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

STILL AVAILABLE

09_3.JPG

Cream to Off-White Pages. CGC Comments: 0088174002

8/1941 - Gardner Fox story - E.E.Hibbard cover - Sheldon Moldoff, Harry Lampert, Stan Aschmeier and E.E.Hibbard art - VERY SCARCE issue! - Only 3 copies have been sumitted to CGC - This is the Highest copy certified by CGC.

STILL AVAILABLE

58_3.JPG

Off-White Pages. CGC Comments: 0088550006

6/1948 - Robert Kanigher story - Classic Joe Kubert cover and art. - Carmine Infantino art - VERY SCARCE issue! - Only 3 copies have been sumitted to CGC - This is the Highest copy certified by CGC.

STILL AVAILABLE

c8_3.JPGGolden Age - CGC graded
Flash Comics #1 (1/1940 - Gerber 6)
(Origin and 1st appearance of Flash, Hawkman, Johnny Thunder,
Whip & Shiera Sanders. - Lampert and Moldoff art
CGC apparent FN+ Moderate Restoration
(color touch, pieces added, spine re-built, cleaned, pressed)
(Off-White pages)

Restoration by Matthew Wilson - As per Overstreet on page 53 of the 2004 guide: Value is determined by taking the value of a unrestored copy $25,575.00 and multiply by 53.75% - Overstreet value is $13,747.00

STILL AVAILABLE

af_3.JPG

Off-White to White Pages. CGC Comments: 0088174005
12/1941 - Ad for AllStar #8 and Green Lantern #1 - Shiera Sanders becomes Hawkgirl - Gardner Fox story - E.E.Hibbard cover - Sheldon Moldoff, Harry Lampert, Stan Josephs and E.E.Hibbard art
VERY SCARCE issue! - Only 10 unrestored copies have been sumitted to CGC - This is the Best copy certified by CGC thumbsup2.gif

STILL AVAILABLE

3b_3.JPG

Off-White to White Pages. CGC Comments: 0088438008

7/1941 - Gardner Fox story - Fantastic Sheldon Moldoff cover - Sheldon Moldoff, Harry Lampert and E.E.Hibbard art - Full page ad for All-Flash #1

VERY SCARCE issue! - Only 6 copies have been sumitted to CGC

This is the Best copy certified by CGC thumbsup2.gif