• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age comics in Golden Age bags/boards?

7 posts in this topic

I've inherited a very low-grade miscellaneous late '50s non-superhero OO collection from my uncle, which he's asked me to sell him on commission.

Please hold off on PM's, as I'll sell them here...eventually. Lot of cataloguing/ scanning/price research to do first.

Immediate question: how bad is it to store Silver Age-sized books in Golden Age bags & boards? Most of the books have spine roll, and even the Silver Age ones seem to fit too snugly in the Silver Age bags/boards. So...my impulse is to go back & buy a few hundred more GA supplies rather than force some of the books in the smaller bags.

Is it really bad to store the smaller SA books in GA bags, given that they can shift around in transit?

(Again, these are 90% non-superhero beaters. I've counted maybe 1/2 a dozen books with a value of $50+ so far.)

If they're beaters you can't really damage them much more right? Just tape them tight between cardboard if you're shipping them.
I would not individually bag/board beaters I was planning on selling. Your buyers will have different bag/board preferences anyway so it would just be throwing away $.

Bulk bag them, alternating spines,

tape bulk bag to oversized cardboard

Make a sandwich with another piece of cardboard on the other side