• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missed it by that much!

9 posts in this topic

If you really wanted the book, and were willing to pay $300, you probably were willing to pay a few dollars more. My philosophy when putting up my max bid, is to raise it by just enough over what I really want to pay, that if I get outbid, even by only a dollar, I'm almost relieved. So if a book is worth $300 to me, and shipping is going to be $10, then I'll probably bid something like $322. If the bid gets pushed that high, I'm already paying 10% over what I wanted, and won't cry if I get outbid.

"I was looking at that nice book toot, but figured the demand just isnt there... and neither are the other copies from 1 to 10 in comparable condition, so why bother?"

Because it's a nice early silver age DC in really nice shape?

Do we only buy stuff to flip tomorrow and if there are only a few books in the same or better condition?

Am I missing something here?

AMAN's post

"I was looking at that nice book toot, but figured the demand just isnt there... and neither are the other copies from 1 to 10 in comparable condition, so why bother?"

============================================================

Because it's a nice early silver age DC in really nice shape?

Do we only buy stuff to flip tomorrow and if there are only a few books in the same or better condition?

Am I missing something here?

I am guessing that since aman posted that, it probably had nothing to do with flipping. Maybe he's just not interested in Lois Lane. But if someone was interested in putting together a high grade run, they would be hard pressed to do so. Maybe the 'demand" part of his post was taking that into consideration vs. the price, and thought he would have been better off waiting for a better price....or the seller had worse copies of LL 1-10 and aman only buys multiple books from a seller to save on shipping? confused-smiley-013.gif