• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer changing the price

671 posts in this topic

Odd that they had a discussion about inhumans-gate without knowing a controversy existed. Why would it be a topic of discussion?

Not odd that their story was the same as told there and here.

Harley and Oscar were set up close to each other at Fan Expo. They're both chatter boxes. lol

I didn't ask Harley anything about the incident today.

He simply started talking about how he had heard about the discussion on the chat forum.

Why go telling details of a non-event?

Dealers talk at cons about customers all the time. EDIT: especially if there was drama involved. (shrug)

Sometimes there's nothing else to do at a con but talk.

I can't help thinking that 'if' the buyer and seller had been more creative they could have worked this out. I'm sure the dealer would have come down, way down from 800, especially given the circumstances. Technically they were still negotiating. He could have said 'Look, I underpriced the book, I need a little more in trade'.

BTW, while I've not had a dealer raise a price on me, I have had them say they are going to keep the book, put it up in auction, hang onto it until the movie, etc..

Dealers talk at cons about customers all the time. EDIT: especially if there was drama involved. (shrug)

You could always spend the time checking comics prices...

:jokealert:

That's my point. According to them, there was no drama.

Bigger question is how the spoon did Harley miss that book?

That's exactly what Harley asked me after recounting the story.

He turned to me and said "How did you miss that book?"

My reply was that I don't search out movie books.

You could always spend the time checking comics prices...

:jokealert:

lol

I'm amazed Harley talks to anyone at Cons. I tried to strike up a conversation with him looking through his books. He was sitting in a makeshift cell two long boxes away from anyone and he just grumbled answers at me.

Needless to say, I didn't make any purchases…

Buy the book, not the Harley.

Some YouTuber should do "Con Dealer Theater" and wear a GoPro chest camera while negotiating on books. It'd be fun to watch actual deals unfold.

It's been a strong book for a while. Sure it's jumped, but inhumans rumors have been around for years

I sold a 9.2 that looked like a 9.4 about a year ago for $1000 or so.

I genuinely didn't know how big the book had gotten until this thread. I really don't follow movie buzz and was shocked to hear what mid grade copies are going for.

I was shocked at the time that I could get $1000 for a 9.2 when it used to be a $400-500 book right before that.

It's been a strong book for a while. Sure it's jumped, but inhumans rumors have been around for years

I sold a 9.2 that looked like a 9.4 about a year ago for $1000 or so.

I genuinely didn't know how big the book had gotten until this thread. I really don't follow movie buzz and was shocked to hear what mid grade copies are going for.

I was shocked at the time that I could get $1000 for a 9.2 when it used to be a $400-500 book right before that.

If you ever come across a nice AF 15, I'll take it off your hands. That character isn't a big deal or anything :baiting:

I'm amazed Harley talks to anyone at Cons. I tried to strike up a conversation with him looking through his books. He was sitting in a makeshift cell two long boxes away from anyone and he just grumbled answers at me.

Harley is actually quite the chatterbox, but sometimes he has a zillion things going on and then, not so much.

Some YouTuber should do "Con Dealer Theater" and wear a GoPro chest camera while negotiating on books. It'd be fun to watch actual deals unfold.

Customers share crazy stories online all the time. I can tell you that dealers have some incredible stories to share, but it's not considered professional so they keep them to themselves. lol

Customers share crazy stories online all the time. I can tell you that dealers have some incredible stories to share, but it's not considered professional so they keep them to themselves. lol

I have MANY MANY MANY stories concerning my fellow customers who deserve a smack in the back of the head.

Harley is actually quite the chatterbox, but sometimes he has a zillion things going on and then, not so much.

I don't spend enough. "Nap" and "eat" are better options than talking to me, apparently... (shrug)