• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer changing the price

671 posts in this topic

Yesterday I went to fan expo, had my eye on a nice book, I negotiated with one of the workers and finally decided I would be willing to pay full price as it was becoming a hassle. We cut a deal for 300 dollars, as I am ready to pay I am told wait hold on. After I had made a deal one of the other members behind the booth was looking up all ebay prices, I was not entirely sure what he was doing at first until I was told after I had made a deal that the price was no longer 300 instead it is now 800. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yesterday I went to fan expo, had my eye on a nice book, I negotiated with one of the workers and finally decided I would be willing to pay full price as it was becoming a hassle. We cut a deal for 300 dollars, as I am ready to pay I am told wait hold on. After I had made a deal one of the other members behind the booth was looking up all ebay prices, I was not entirely sure what he was doing at first until I was told after I had made a deal that the price was no longer 300 instead it is now 800. Has anyone else experienced this?

I would give you my opinion for free, but having done some research on how valuable it is, you will now have to paypal me $20.

That sucks. Those kinds of Con memories can brain-burn for a lifetime. About all you can do is boycott them for all eternity and spread the word.

Question for everyone else: Would it do any good to send an email, write a letter, or personally visit the event organizer and let them hear the story?

They do control the rent space, and bad word-of-mouth hurts them directly.

That sucks. Those kinds of Con memories can brain-burn for a lifetime. About all you can do is boycott them for all eternity and spread the word.

Problem for me is some of these guys are no-name and I wouldn't remember them again if I saw them.

This is exactly why I haven't been to Fan Expo in 5 years and will never return.

I'd love to know the specifics of which book you were buying. I assume it was a raw book. If the person you had a deal with was an employee then they should have accepted the loss and moved on.

I sold a book yesterday and found out afterwards I could have sold it for double or triple my price. It happens. The guy should not be allowed to change his price once a deal was made.

I'd say who it was.

My most hated thing, especially when they do it with online stores and say they cant find the book, or "it already sold".

I will say if a book was listed for $300 and sells on ebay for $800, I probably would have just bought it at list price without haggling and drawing their attention to it.