• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arrgh! Guess what comic I damaged severely today?

33 posts in this topic

I had a stack of comics I was going to scan and post to the trading thread. I carelessly knocked over the stack and some comics fell to the floor. I rolled back on my chair to pick them up and caught a comic under one of the casters. The caster sliced through the cover and half of the pages in the open comic. I think all my neighbors heard my cry of anguish. Guess what the damaged comic is and I'll send some silver/bronze comics to you. It's a Marvel, 15¢ cover. And it's a key. More hints later.

This is the damage.

ca117damage_zps1f479591.jpg

I had a stack of comics I was going to scan and post to the trading thread. I carelessly knocked over the stack and some comics fell to the floor. I rolled back on my chair to pick them up and caught a comic under one of the casters. The caster sliced through the cover and half of the pages in the open comic. I think all my neighbors heard my cry of anguish. Guess what the damaged comic is and I'll send some silver/bronze comics to you. It's a Marvel, 15¢ cover. And it's a key. More hints later.

This is the damage.

ca117damage_zps1f479591.jpg

Captain America #117 :grin:

Dang! That was fast.

doh! It's in the Photobucket name.

Here's the comic.

ca117_zpsd426bd14.jpg

PM me your address and I'll send you some comics.

No...that's cool...I totally cheated. lol

Thanks anyway...and sorry about the book. It's happened to us all at some point or another.

Dang! That was fast.

doh! It's in the Photobucket name.

Here's the comic.

ca117_zpsd426bd14.jpg

PM me your address and I'll send you some comics.

No...that's cool...I totally cheated. lol

Thanks anyway...and sorry about the book. It's happened to us all at some point or another.

No, you were were clever enough to figure it out by using using your wits. I wasn't thinking, probably because I was kicking myself for doing something so stupid. The offer still stands.

Well Johnny, my offer stands then… if I have something maybe we could do a trade.

Of course if you aren’t keeping it…

But… how would you grade it now? :D

I'll PM you. I'm so disgusted I'll let you have it for the postage. Luckily, it was my undercopy. If it was my nicer copy, the entire block would have heard my scream. You can be sure I'll take care of the other copy much more carefully.