• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Nova 15 - printing mistake variant?? - nevermind

6 posts in this topic

I’ve had this Nova 15 for a long time. The front cover has white, black, gray, and blue. The red and yellow on the other heroes are all white (the poor choice of brown background may cause the illusion of other colors). No other colors show on it and I’ve always thought it was a printing defect. I don’t buy the idea that the sun bleached the cover because the blue is still there and the Hulk – who is green (blue/yellow mix) and purple (blue/red mix) is now blue rather than white like Iron Man. It feels to me as if the other colors were accidentally left out of the front cover process. (The back cover has normal colors.)

The grade is low so I’m not looking for a grade, per se, but am wondering about the blue color. Do any of you think this is a printing defect? If it is, how does it affect the grade? Does it make the issue more collectible as an oddity? Any other examples of this that you’ve seen?

I’ve included a normal issue for comparison.

2ro3sq8.jpg

145i0z.jpg

Thanks for your replies!