• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Feel Sorry For The FF Fans Out There

47 posts in this topic

Haven't read much of the new stuff yet but this series has been in a fog for over 10 years now. Ever since Byrne left I haven't been too impressed with any of the writing. I take it the recent stuff has been half decent?

I feel it's gotten better with the current arc. Did you ever get Marvel Knights 4 1-6 or 7? That's well written. thumbsup2.gif

I just hope the art improves from its current work. It has really kept me away from collecting this once favorite series. I feeling like I'm looking at Disney art, just too cartoonish for my taste, it needs some edge.

Wieringo is brilliant. His art is detailed, but clean, and he draws the best Thing I think I've ever seen. The idea that artwork can be "too cartoonish" for a comic book is a strange one, indeed.

I just hope the art improves from its current work. It has really kept me away from collecting this once favorite series. I feeling like I'm looking at Disney art, just too cartoonish for my taste, it needs some edge.

Wieringo is brilliant. His art is detailed, but clean, and he draws the best Thing I think I've ever seen. The idea that artwork can be "too cartoonish" for a comic book is a strange one, indeed.

Porter was better.

Waid's work on the current FF has made me pick up the title and add it to my favorite list. The heaven story was good right up to the Jack Kirby part but we all have a few stinkers or ideas that seemed good at the time but turned out not so good in retrospect. However, I think his run has been BY FAR the best run in a LONG TIME. I'm anxious to see how he wraps up the Galactus storyline since I don't recall being this excited reading a comic book since I was a young teenager.

Oh, and since I'm posting on CGC forums I guess I need to insert my mandatory JMS stinks and Amazing is the devil and yadda, yadda, sleeping.gif... Oh wait, another new thread, let me go post how much I hate Amazing and JMS over there...

Oh, and since I'm posting on CGC forums I guess I need to insert my mandatory JMS stinks and Amazing is the devil and yadda, yadda, sleeping.gif... Oh wait, another new thread, let me go post how much I hate Amazing and JMS over there...

Venting about JMS' hack job on ASM is appropriate in any thread IMO. Rarely have we seen such disregard for a character's history, with the full support of the editors I might add, as JMS' stream of consiousness fantasies posing as cutting edge stories... mad.gif

Jim