• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's Your Kryptonite?...

86 posts in this topic

Most flying hero's....like where it is not really explained 'how' they fly. hm

I love subby,but those little wings?Superman...just...flys?Iron Man,okay,humantorch,I get it...Storm..alright.But just the power of flight with no reason?Uh uh.Always drove me crazy.Silver Surfer has his board...Okay.Really,just Superman and hero's, villains that fly like him drives me cbatty I guess.

Why does HT get a pass?

Heat rises? (shrug) Makes sense to me.

But he's the heat source, not the hot air. Burning logs don't float up the chimney, right?

We're still talking about comic books......right?

Aquaman can breathe underwater....but doesn't have gills. Get over it. :baiting:

The thing that I have a hard time accepting is the amazing sense of direction displayed by flying characters.

Think about it, if you could fly and you took off in the air, you might be OK in just your local area if you knew the landmarks really well. If you wanted to go to a particular place outside of the area, how would you find it? Follow the roads? Grab a compass? If you got into a battle in the sky and then realised that you didn't know where you were, how would you find your way back? All flying superheroes seem to automatically know which way to head, you don't see them landing to look at the signs and then grab a map to see where they need to head.

You accept that they can fly, but are unable to accept an enhanced internal compass?

Never bought into the whole Matter Eater Lad shtick.

Years later, I found out His home planet of Bismol indicated the inside joke.

I never noticed that before. doh! Probably because Pepto-Bismol isn't that popular here in the UK.

There was that one story where it turned out he was poverty stricken

How can people with no food bill be poverty stricken?

My biggest Kryptonite is wisecracking heroes. That is so done to death. cliche city. Every guy that wants to write comics immediately starts off with the wisecracking. That pros still do it is inexcusable.

Lightens the tone from grim and gritty which seemed the norm in the 90's. A certain degree of wisecracking can be fine in a comic.

It's the non stop wise cracking that gets me. It's like the go-to dialogue for fight scenes that lame writers use.

I love subby,but those little wings?Superman...just...flys?Iron Man,okay,humantorch,I get it...Storm..alright.But just the power of flight with no reason?Uh uh.Always drove me crazy.Silver Surfer has his board...Okay.Really,just Superman and hero's, villains that fly like him drives me cbatty I guess.

Why does HT get a pass?

Does he turn into fire? Or does he catch fire? Either one I'd find just as hard to swallow as someone flying, and neither is kryptonite for me.

Originally, he appeared to turn into actual flame, at least, that is how I always read it.

FF001_13.jpg

Squirrel Girl being able to beat ANYONE.

Also, Jubilee and Boom-Boom. They should have died within seconds of being around any villain.

Peace,

Chip

Hey,as a teenager I had MAD crush on Jubilee.....step off mate!!

Or I'll call up arm fall off boy....hahahaha

Someone stating they're about to die as they're about to die.

I mean, who does that?

Peace,

Chip

Give me your # I will call you to tell you....if I can get a signal...or figure out how to use a cell phone by then...lol:foryou:

Peace,love how you say peace...

Jimmers,talking like cal,just for fun...

Love you guys... :whee:

Why does HT get a pass?

But he's the heat source, not the hot air. Burning logs don't float up the chimney, right?

We're still talking about comic books......right?

Aquaman can breathe underwater....but doesn't have gills. Get over it. :baiting:

But floating burning logs...lol

But haha...wolverine overcoming the Hulks digestive system and testing him out from inside.....wait,sorry,just thinking about how cool that was....everyone read old man Logan...

My biggest Kryptonite is wisecracking heroes. That is so done to death. cliche city. Every guy that wants to write comics immediately starts off with the wisecracking. That pros still do it is inexcusable.

Lightens the tone from grim and gritty which seemed the norm in the 90's. A certain degree of wisecracking can be fine in a comic.

After all it is a "comic" book right? I believe our grandparents called them"funny pages" for a reason. hm I am just saying.