• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: MP 47 & 48; Hulk 182; cvls; Warrens, more! PRICES REDUCED + FREE SHIP OFFER

26 posts in this topic

UPDATE: 9/3/2014: Shipping is now FREE (US only) for purchases of $60 or more...

Lots of good stuff in this thread, which will continue through Labor Day: Marvel Premiere 47 & 48...Blazing Combat 1 - 4...early issues of Creepy and Eerie...some cool coverless books, and more! Mostly lower grade, but there will be a few nicer books too...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

USPS INSURED DOMESTIC US SHIPPING:

All shipping prices include a tracking number and full insurance.

(NOTE: To ensure safe delivery, ALL magazine purchases will need to be shipped via one of the boxed options below.)

1-4 comics, value = $1 - $50: $5.00 via USPS Priority Mail (flat rate envelope) w/Delivery Confirmation.

1-4 comics, value > $50: $8.00 via USPS Priority Mail (flat rate envelope) w/Delivery Confirmation.

5 or more comics/mags, value = $1 - $50: $11.00 via USPS Priority Mail (medium flat rate box) w/Delivery Confirmation.

5 or more comics/mags, value > $50: $13.00 via USPS Priority Mail (medium flat rate box) w/Delivery Confirmation.

USPS SHIPPING TO CANADA:

• The only service I use to Canada is PRIORITY MAIL EXPRESS INTERNATIONAL:

** Flat rate envelopes (1-4 comics) = $35.95

** Flat rate boxes (5 or more comics/magazines) = $66.95

Prices for both include $200 of insurance coverage; additional coverage is available for an additional fee (to be paid by the buyer). This service is not cheap…but it's quick (approx. 3-5 days), insurable, and reliably trackable on both sides of the border.

Please note that I will not falsify customs forms, and will always declare the FULL VALUE of any international shipment.

TERMS:

:takeit: rules!

• NO probies, HOS'ers, etc.

• PayPal is the only form of payment I'll accept for this sale.

• Payment is due within 3 days of the PM invoice date. (If you require more time, please PM me first before committing to buy, and I'm sure we can work something out. However, if payment is not received within the specified time period, and no other arrangements have been made, I reserve the right to cancel the sale and re-list the item.)

• I usually ship within 1-to-3 days of receipt of payment; sometimes the same day, if I'm working from home! And you will ALWAYS receive a shipping notification & tracking number from me via e-mail or PM.

Need larger scans? Detail pics? Interior pics? More info? Please feel free to PM me.

Finally, my feedback thread is linked below (under my old username, but it's still me) -- as a former US Postal Service employee, I tend to get very high marks for my packaging and shipping, mostly because I know what NOT to do...! :grin:

My feedback thread!

First listings will be up in a few -- lots more tomorrow and Tuesday.

Thanks for looking! -Mikey

Marvel Premiere #47 & #48: Great two-part Ant-Man story by Micheline, Byrne, and Layton from the late 1970s -- the upcoming Ant-Man movie could do a lot worse than to adapt at least some portions of this little gem, which other old duffers around here will no doubt remember was heavily hyped in The Comic Reader at the time, when Byrne could do no wrong!

Both books are VG or so -- 100% complete and readable with no hidden issues. [Note: #47 has a < 1/2" tear to the lower rhc of the front cover -- not visible in the scan; corner is still attached].

$50 for the pair.

:news: NOW... $40 for the pair.

SOLD!!!

MarvelPremiere-47a.jpg

MarvelPremiere-47b.jpg

MarvelPremiere-48a.jpg

MarvelPremiere-48b.jpg

Blazing Combat #1 - 4 Set: Here's the complete run of Jim Warren's critically-acclaimed and genre-defining/defying combat mag from the mid-1960s, featuring classic stories and artwork by the best of the best (including several EC alums): Archie Goodwin, Reed Crandall, Wally Wood, George Evans, Frank Frazetta, Gray Morrow, Joe Orlando, John Severin, Angelo Torres, Al Williamson, Russ Heath, Gene Colan, and others. Outstanding stuff!!!

All of these copies are 100% complete and readable with no missing pages, coupons, etc.

#1 - Fair/Good with tape repairs to the top of the cover; cover is also partially detached at the top staple.

#2 - Fine-. Very solid copy.

#3 - VG+.

#4 - VG.

$85 for the lot.

:news: NOW... $70 for the lot.

SOLD!!!

BlazingCombat-1a.jpg

BlazingCombat-1b.jpg

BlazingCombat-2a.jpg

BlazingCombat-2b.jpg

BlazingCombat-3a.jpg

BlazingCombat-3b.jpg

BlazingCombat-4a.jpg

BlazingCombat-4b.jpg

Coverless Bronze Age Marvel & DC Lot: Includes the following complete and readable coverless comics, with a few keys/semi-keys, too! No missing pages/centerfolds/coupons, no hidden defects.

• Astonishing Tales #26 - 2nd Deathlok.

• Avengers #97 - The Kree/Skrull war finalé.

• Avengers #99 - Classic issue w/art by Barry Smith.

• Batman #243 - The beginning of a legendary 3-part storyline pitting Bats against Ra's al Ghul by Neal Adams!

• Black Panther #1 - Late '70s high-adventure, Marvel-style, from the one-and-only King Kirby. Top staple is missing.

• Captain Marvel #25 - First Starlin issue -- the Thanos saga begins here in earnest!

• Captain Marvel #26 - Starlin again, of course! And…Thanos revealed!

• Captain Marvel #29 - More cosmic Starlin insanity -- like a black light poster with a plot and words!

• Captain Marvel #36 - Partial reprint of the first Captain Marvel story from Marvel Super-Heroes #12 (art by Gene Colan), with a new framing sequence by Jim Starlin and Alan Weiss, et al.

• Conan #20 - …in which Barry Smith stunned us all with his artistic evolution from Krappy Kirby Klone to comics' leading (only?!?) pre-Raphaelite revivalist! Awesome!

• DC Super-Stars #17 - First appearance of the Huntress!

11 comics total.

$35 for the lot.

:news:NOW... $25 for the lot.

cvls-lot1-AstTales26.jpg

cvls-lot1-Avengers97.jpg

cvls-lot1-Avengers98.jpg

cvls-lot1-Batman243.jpg

cvls-lot1-BlakPanth1.jpg

cvls-lot1-CapMarv25.jpg

cvls-lot1-CapMarv26.jpg

cvls-lot1-CapMarv29.jpg

cvls-lot1-CapMarv36.jpg

cvls-lot1-Conan20.jpg

cvls-lot1-DCSupeSt17.jpg

Coverless Bronze Age Marvel & DC Lot: Includes the following complete and readable coverless comics, with a few keys/semi-keys, too! No missing pages/centerfolds/coupons, no hidden defects.

• Astonishing Tales #26 - 2nd Deathlok.

• Avengers #97 - The Kree/Skrull war finalé.

• Avengers #99 - Classic issue w/art by Barry Smith.

• Batman #243 - The beginning of a legendary 3-part storyline pitting Bats against Ra's al Ghul by Neal Adams!

• Black Panther #1 - Late '70s high-adventure, Marvel-style, from the one-and-only King Kirby. Top staple is missing.

• Captain Marvel #25 - First Starlin issue -- the Thanos saga begins here in earnest!

• Captain Marvel #26 - Starlin again, of course! And…Thanos revealed!

• Captain Marvel #29 - More cosmic Starlin insanity -- like a black light poster with a plot and words!

• Captain Marvel #36 - Partial reprint of the first Captain Marvel story from Marvel Super-Heroes #12 (art by Gene Colan), with a new framing sequence by Jim Starlin and Alan Weiss, et al.

• Conan #20 - …in which Barry Smith stunned us all with his artistic evolution from Krappy Kirby Klone to comics' leading (only?!?) pre-Raphaelite revivalist! Awesome!

• DC Super-Stars #17 - First appearance of the Huntress!

11 comics total.

$35 for the lot.

cvls-lot1-AstTales26.jpg

cvls-lot1-Avengers97.jpg

cvls-lot1-Avengers98.jpg

cvls-lot1-Batman243.jpg

cvls-lot1-BlakPanth1.jpg

cvls-lot1-CapMarv25.jpg

cvls-lot1-CapMarv26.jpg

cvls-lot1-CapMarv29.jpg

cvls-lot1-CapMarv36.jpg

cvls-lot1-Conan20.jpg

cvls-lot1-DCSupeSt17.jpg

What did you do to the covers? :o

What did you do to the covers? :o

Me? Nothing. The comics in the coverless lot were most likely "affidavit returns" copies which had their covers stripped back in the '70s by a re-seller, and were then offered at a deep discount (sometimes in "twofer" packs priced at 25-cents) through flea markets and convenience stores.

I bought hundreds of comics like this as a kid at convenience stores throughout central PA in the early/mid 1970s. Great reading on the cheap...then and now!

Incredible Hulk #182: I've lost count -- is this the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th appearance of Wolvie? 2nd cameo? 3rd cousin twice-removed? Who knows? :insane:

In any case, this is a fairly nice copy in the low VF range.

Unfortunately, the value stamp has been clipped (see pics). :(

Fortunately, I'm also including a complete coverless copy wherein the value stamp is in-tact! :)

$45 for both copies.

:news: NOW... $40 for both copies.

SOLD!!!

hulk-182-A-a.jpg

hulk-182-A-b.jpg

hulk-182-A-c.jpg

hulk-182-B-a.jpg

hulk-182-B-b.jpg

Digging deep into my personal stash for these...

Creepy Lot I: Includes issues #1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 of Jim Warren's seminal '60s horror anthology with an incredible line-up of EC alums and post-EC talent: Crandall, Davis, Evans, Frazetta, Morrow, Orlando, Torres, Williamson, Toth, Severin, Colan, Ditko, Wood, and others.

There are a few sharp copies in this lot, but even the lower grade books are 100% complete and readable with supple interior paper, no missing pages, no coupons cut, etc.

Grades are as follows:

1 - Fair/Good. Tape residue to both covers; cover is firmly attached to both staples.

2 - VG/VG+.

4 - VG+.

5 - Good.

6 - F/VF.

7 - Fair (cover detached).

8 - VF-.

9 - VG.

10 - VG.

NOTE: Back cover scans are available upon request.

9 magazines total.

$75 for the lot.

:news: NOW... $65 for the lot.

SOLD!!!

creepy-lot1-1.jpg

creepy-lot1-2.jpg

creepy-lot1-4.jpg

creepy-lot1-5.jpg

creepy-lot1-6.jpg

creepy-lot1-7.jpg

creepy-lot1-8.jpg

creepy-lot1-9.jpg

creepy-lot1-10.jpg

Gonna take a (late) dinner break, and come back with more Warrens later this evening and tomorrow, and maybe a few surprises as well.

In the meantime, please feel free to make offers for any/all the books via PM...I'm motivated to sell and ready to deal!!!! :grin:

Creepy Lot II: Includes issues #11, 13, 15, 19, 24, 27.

More classic '60s Warren goodness featuring stories and artwork by Colan, Crandall, Ditko, Morrow, Orlando, Severin, Torres, Toth, Williamson, Wood, Adams, Krenkel, Craig, and many more…

There are a few nicer copies in this lot, but even the lower grade books are 100% complete and readable with supple interior paper, no missing pages, no coupons cut, etc.

Grades are as follows:

11 - Fine-.

13 - Good-.

15 - Fine-.

19 - Fair. Large piece missing from back cover.

24 - Fair-. Cover detached. Tape repairs to inside front and inside back covers. One small coupon clipped from ad page (does not affect any stories).

27 - Fair.

6 magazines total.

$20 for the lot.

:news: NOW... $15 for the lot.

SOLD!!!

creepy-lot2-11.jpg

creepy-lot2-13.jpg

creepy-lot2-15.jpg

creepy-lot2-19.jpg

creepy-lot2-24.jpg

creepy-lot2-27.jpg

And...that's all for tonight.

I'll list an early Eerie lot during the day tomorrow, and may add a few more single books tomorrow afternoon as well.

In the meantime, any/all offers will be cheerfully considered...please feel free to PM me... (thumbs u

:news:

TUESDAY UPDATE: All prices have been reduced (see individual listings on pp. 1 & 2). I'm also offering FREE domestic US shipping for purchases of $80 or more.

More books to come later this evening...

Eerie Lot: Includes issues #4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 17. More moody b&w Warren horror classics from the '60s, courtesy of Colan, Crandall, Ditko, Morrow, Orlando, Severin, Torres, Toth, Williamson, Wood, and more.

Grades are as follows:

4 - looks VF/VF+, but there are very small pieces missing from the lower right-hand corners of a block of interior pages in the middle of the book -- looks production-related to me, esp. since the rest of the book is so nice.

6 - VG+.

7 - Fine.

9 - Looks Fair/Good, but is missing 8 interior pages, so Poor. The 6 remaining stories (including a stunner by Ditko) are 100% complete and readable.

10 - Looks G/VG or so, but is missing 8 interior pages, so Poor. The 5 remaining stories (including another winner by Ditko) are 100% complete and readable.

12 - VG+. Jeff Jones!

14 - Fair. Single panel clipped from one interior story.

17 - Fair/Poor. One interior page missing (affects one story).

8 magazines total.

$25 for the lot. (The 4, 6, & 7 alone probably Guide for more than 3x that!)

SOLD!!!

eerie-lot-4.jpg

eerie-lot-6.jpg

eerie-lot-7.jpg

eerie-lot-9.jpg

eerie-lot-10.jpg

eerie-lot-12.jpg

eerie-lot-14.jpg

eerie-lot-17.jpg

WEDNESDAY UPDATE, 9/3/2014:

• Take an additional 10% OFF all listed prices, which have already been reduced in most cases.

• Domestic US shipping is now FREE for orders of $60 or more.

• Buy ANY Warren lot in this thread, and I'll throw in this solid VG/VG+ copy of Monster World #1 from 1964 for FREE:

CLAIMED!!!

monster-world-1.jpg

I hereby pronounce this thread to be "dud-meme" worthy...

btxw7.jpg

Anyhoo…if anyone is interested in ALL the Warrens, including some nice early issues...

• Blazing Combat 1, 2, 3, 4

• Creepy 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 19, 24, 27

• Eerie 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 17

• Monster World 1

…(currently priced at $175, and already fairly steeply discounted from Guide), they're yours for $100 shipped and insured in the US.

I hereby pronounce this thread to be "dud-meme" worthy...

btxw7.jpg

Anyhoo…if anyone is interested in ALL the Warrens, including some nice early issues...

• Blazing Combat 1, 2, 3, 4

• Creepy 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 19, 24, 27

• Eerie 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 17

• Monster World 1

…(currently priced at $175, and already fairly steeply discounted from Guide), they're yours for $100 shipped and insured in the US.

:takeit: