• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tips on buying comic book collections

25 posts in this topic

yup, you knid of need to know what is selling and for how much. opg can lead you astray. it's really not different than buying a big lot on ebay..what is the good stuff worth to you?

also, check the backs of books for water damage, especially the books that will form the basis for what you are paying.

frankly, i have never bought a collection. i've tried, put out feelers, etc., but nothing ever happens, and craiglist NY/NJ is mainly a bunch of wacks looking for $10 a pop for their 1994 valiants. i suppose if i looked there every day i might find something of interest, but around here there are probably 15000 other guys doing the same thing. i'm more likely to have someone offer me a collection selling comics at my yard sale once a year.

frankly, i have never bought a collection. i've tried, put out feelers, etc., but nothing ever happens, and craiglist NY/NJ is mainly a bunch of wacks looking for $10 a pop for their 1994 valiants. i suppose if i looked there every day i might find something of interest, but around here there are probably 15000 other guys doing the same thing. i'm more likely to have someone offer me a collection selling comics at my yard sale once a year.

I've said the same thing about buying around here. Nothing ever seems to turn up as most realize that they could sell it off themselves over the internet for a larger profit.