• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INSERTS

6 posts in this topic

I picked up a "LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT" #1 in a group of books

at an auction. This copy contains a poster for Wes Craven's "Shocker" film

in the center of the book...does removing the poster effect the grade of the

book?

mm

I believe it would get a green label, as an incomplete book. Not sure it would affect the grade, although I don't think you can get higher than a 9.8 on a green label.

There are no grade restrictions on a green label slab - there are several CGC 9.9 GLODs due to unverified signatures.

Speaking of inserts and apologies to the OP but is there a list of comics that come with inserts

Great question...I'd like to see one if it exists!

mm

There are a couple of resources for some inserts, but I haven't seen one for every type. Here are a few:

Military Insert Mania - a great resource for Mark Jewelers, National Diamond Sales, Alka-Seltzer, and Mennen

Bronze Age forum - Baron Von Slabb has a good start on a list of books with Pizzazz, Atari, and CBS inserts, as well as Mark Jewelers and National Diamond.

I'm also aware of the Mutant Registration Act inserts in Marvel X-books the month before Fall of the Mutants, and several Nightbreed inserts in DC Mature Readers titles (pre-Vertigo).

StL Comics' Variant Mafia - a start to a list of DC reader survey inserts.