• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pop Culture Archaeology

23 posts in this topic

Jeff

Great job on the Con History video! Comic cons should take note and hire you for a panel.

You mean like this. ;)

This was a panel called "From Comics to Pulps" I did at Pensacon this year, with a fellow pulp scholar, David Earle, and Nicky Wheeler-Nicholson, granddaughter of Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson, the pulp writer who founded the company that became DC Comics. It's raw footage and it's long, but we cover a lot of the same ground more in depth for those that might be interested.

But, yes I do a lot of panels these days, both as a participant and a moderator. Tupenny and KingofRulers brought be in this summer to host a lot of their guest panels -- Steranko, Marv Wolfman, John Rhys-Davies, etc. It's not a bad gig. :)

Well, I'm pretty sure I can get you a spot on my comics & pulps panel at the upcoming FenCon. I don't have the finalized schedule yet, but Julie Barrett is working on the programming now. Love to have you on board for that if you're coming to the con. (thumbs u

Also, if you make Comicpalooza (Houston) next year we could always use more expert opinionators, either from the audience or stage. Richard and I've been doing the Short Takes from the Long Box panel two years running and it was better attended this year than last. Alas, running gets tougher every year and all recordings of the event have gone missing and the transcripts redacted. Word must be getting around. lol

Oh man, that's sorely tempting. hm Let me ruminate on it (by which I mean consult with the missus).