• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-Code Atlas Westerns (and a Couple of Post-Codes, Too)

9 posts in this topic

Who doesn't love some Atlas Westerns? Who!? That's right... nobody.

I will gladly send more scans, photos, whatever. Just ask.

Shipping is $5 for a Priority Mail flat-rate envelope (bagged, boarded, sandwiched between cardboard bread) for up to 3 comics.

An :takeit: in the thread or in a PM wins it. I'm always willing to negotiate, but if someone claims it before we agree on a price, it's theirs.

Payment is by PayPal, check, or money order.

I will ship internationally, and those costs are exact.

I will also consider trades. I'd be interested in some Silver and Bronze Age hero books in nice shape.

2-Gun Western #4 GD/VG

What? You say you've never heard of this one? Well, it's not surprising considering there was only one issue. The first 3 were Billy Buckskin and the next ten were Two-Gun Western.

What this does have is a great Joe Maneely cover, and stories by Gene Colan, John Severin, Joe Sinnott, and Steve Ditko!

Yes, Steve Ditko, in one of his few Western stories for Marvel.

The copy presents really well, but there is a chip out of the bottom right-hand corner of the cover. Also, the page quality is not the greatest. While not brittle, there is chipping, and there's the beginning of brittleness. But in a nice, safe, happy home, I'm sure the damage will be arrested.

Your price: $50

2Gun535_zpscd3b2d32.jpg

Kid Colt Outlaw #23 GD

Pretty awesome cover, no? This one's by Sol Brodsky, I believe (well, according the GCD). A little gruesome, too. He sure didn't shoot anyone in the stomach in the Marvel issues a decade later.

Well-read copy, with spine wear and tears around the spine and edges.

Your price: $18

KidColt23536_zpsde096b31.jpg

Kid Colt Outlaw #26 GD/VG

Another great cover, this time with a guy swinging an axe at the Kid's noggin. Crazy stuff. That Sol Brodsky sure was nuts.

Really nice presenting book, but the page color just isn't that great. Chip out of the side of the cover near the T in Colt.

Your price: $20

KidColt26537_zps540f6757.jpg

Kid Colt Outlaw #53 VG

Another great cover, this one by Joe Maneely. Great perspective on it. This time, in a post-Code world, he's shooting to disarm the bad guy, not gut him.

Again, really nice looking, but the page quality brings it down to a VG.

Your price: $20

KidColt53538_zpse55e0212.jpg

Last one for now...

Kid Colt Outlaw #66 VG+

Great black cover by John Severin and a nice 4-page story by Al Williamson. Jack Keller, who was doing most of the Kid Colt stories at the time, was an okay artist. So when other guys got a shot to do stuff in the fourth story, they really stood out.

Fold on the bottom right-hand corner and a chip right above it.

KidColt66539_zps5c96a341.jpg

Last one for now...

Kid Colt Outlaw #66 VG+

Great black cover by John Severin and a nice 4-page story by Al Williamson. Jack Keller, who was doing most of the Kid Colt stories at the time, was an okay artist. So when other guys got a shot to do stuff in the fourth story, they really stood out.

Fold on the bottom right-hand corner and a chip right above it.

KidColt66539_zps5c96a341.jpg

I'm not a fan of western comics but this is a cool cover