• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman/Doomsday mutiple printing questions

103 posts in this topic

Thanks...except now I'm pissed as I thought I totally got an amazing deal...back to the old drawing board I guess.

I feel like using eBay is like cheating. I really want to try and find these multiple prints in the wild but I am sure the likelihood is slim.

Thanks...except now I'm pissed as I thought I totally got an amazing deal...back to the old drawing board I guess.

I feel like using eBay is like cheating. I really want to try and find these multiple prints in the wild but I am sure the likelihood is slim.

good luck with your hunt in the wild?

:baiting::baiting:

If it was only that easy, I wish. I used to check eBay daily for a year and there are some that never show up. Now I just randomly check but there are some out there that I still need. So even finding them on eBay can be a hunt in itself.

Well my Action #684 3rd printing that I thought I stole from eBay ended up being a regular 1st print. I emailed the seller after to make sure it had the Roman Numerals on it, and he said he just used a generic picture. Glad I found that out. I cancelled the purchase and he refunded back my account.

I noticed something similar recently. An ASM 292? auction which the image showed to be the "Classic" (So Much Fun?) variant, but no mention of it in the description. Only noticed it because I was looking for other books that might appeal to me for the combined shipping if I won the one auction I was interested in. It ended up going for more than the regular edition would but not as much as the variant would, so other people noticed too.

Really...I feel like there are tons of different printings on eBay..

Some not all that expensive either..granted I'm not looking for the 9.8 grades but I'm watchin quite a few to see how they go..

You can find almost all of them but Action 686 2nd print and 499 3rd do not show up very often at all. Also MOS 20 2nd print will not show up very often.

Other than those I would agree with you, you can buy pretty much any of them.

Be sure to check out the thread in modern about these. It is very cool seeing them all.

This is a project that I'm working on as well although to a different degree. My goal is to get all the various US printings (not chasing both newsstand & direct though) but I'm also collecting the foreign editions that were done as individual issues. In some countries they just released TPB volumes, those I'm not picking up, but anywhere that regular comic format versions were printed I'm after them.

For instance, in the Netherlands they collected the seven main DoS issues into three giant-size books. Those I have. Germany only printed in TPB format (two volumes IIRC) and those I'm not going after, at least right now. I've got a Supes #75 from Brazil, MoS #18 and Justice League #69 from Thailand and a few scattered issues from the US including the Platinum #75.

I got lucky and a contact of mine in Greece was able to hook me up with the complete Death of Superman and Funeral For a Friend run. :banana:

It's a fun little endeavor, I've been avoiding using eBay on the American books too, mostly because the prices are too high. I don't question that there's a market for the later printings but I don't think the demand is high enough to justify the prices some of the sellers are asking.

As I am someone with no patience I already went ahead with a few purchases:

Superman #74 4th print

Superman #75 4th print (newsstand edition)

Justice Leauge #69 3rd print

Figured I'd get the ball rolling with the lesser expensive options before I jump into the

MOS 17 (2nd) 18 (4th or 5th) and 19 (2nd)

Action 684 (3rd) and Superman #497 (3rd)

Then it's off for grading as I think not would be cool to have them all slabbed

This hobby is addicting!!

If Superman 75 4th print is rare, why are there so many on eBay for just a few dollars? Look at the sold listing, some for $2 or less. (shrug)

:gossip: Rock said the newsstand version of the 4th print.

I was wondering when someone would mention that.

If Superman 75 4th print is rare, why are there so many on eBay for just a few dollars? Look at the sold listing, some for $2 or less. (shrug)

:gossip: Rock said the newsstand version of the 4th print.

I was wondering when someone would mention that.

The #75 I just bought was a 4th print, NM, newsstand edition and I got it for $3 plus shipping

Feel good about this quest