• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Married Back Covers

33 posts in this topic

So, this question has probably been answered elsewhere, but I wanted to see what the answer is.

Do you have to marry back covers from the same book? Or can you use another title with the same back cover?

I would expect if you're marrying a back cover that you're wanting to return the book to it's original state as much as is possible. So long as the interior/exterior of the back cover page matches the original it shouldn't need to be the same title. I hope I'm understanding your question correctly.

I would expect if you're marrying a back cover that you're wanting to return the book to it's original state as much as is possible. So long as the interior/exterior of the back cover page matches the original it shouldn't need to be the same title. I hope I'm understanding your question correctly.

You are both understanding the question and thanks for the answers. That is what I was thinking and just wanted to confirm that this type of marrying was acceptable. Would still get a green label versus a NG for being incomplete given that it didn't come from the same book?

Yes, green label. Is the front cover still attached?

The front cover is detached.

I've seen blue labels with detached covers, but don't recall one missing the back cover receiving blue. Both FC and BC were present.

Me neither. I think the best I can do is a green label.

Books with missing back covers actually do get blue labels. They are just denoted as being INCOMPLETE for missing the back cover. I've had and seen them many times.

I've seen this as well. So the question begs - which is better: .5 incomplete blue label missing the back cover or a complete green label with a married back cover that would probably be in the 1 to 1.5 range?

By the way, nice action 23 pickup Cosmic Boy. (thumbs u

Books with missing back covers actually do get blue labels. They are just denoted as being INCOMPLETE for missing the back cover. I've had and seen them many times.

I've seen this as well. So the question begs - which is better: .5 incomplete blue label missing the back cover or a complete green label with a married back cover that would probably be in the 1 to 1.5 range?

Thanks! Speaking of comics that are missing back covers... ;)

Thanks! Speaking of comics that are missing back covers... ;)

Exactly. You make a strong point. That 23 looks awesome!

I've long wondered the same thing. I have an Action #19 in similar condition -- it would restore to a pretty high grade if I could ever find the right back cover for it.

I've long wondered the same thing. I have an Action #19 in similar condition -- it would restore to a pretty high grade if I could ever find the right back cover for it.

So, it kinda begs the question if you found a DC book from December 1939, it should match up, right? This is assuming that all DC books published in December of 1939 have the same back cover with the same entire advertisements. (shrug)

I have an All-Star # 3 missing back cover, but it would appear that DC never used that back cover for any other book ever - it's the Superman Krypto Ray Gun ad.

Is this the exception or more of the rule with GA DC books?