• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel #1 or Batman #1

36 posts in this topic

I'd have to go with the Marvel #1 page............Marvel is a true #1 comic, vs. Batman getting his own title after much success in Detective Comics. Batman #1 just seems to pop up all the time compared to Marvel #1....it has a mystique and desirable elusiveness to it

I'd have to go with the Marvel #1 page............Marvel is a true #1 comic, vs. Batman getting his own title after much success in Detective Comics. Batman #1 just seems to pop up all the time compared to Marvel #1....it has a mystique and desirable elusiveness to it

Yeah those Batman #1 pages are a dime a dozen. insane.gif

We're not comparing the comics - we're comparing a page of original art from each. You certainly can't say pages from Batman #1 pop up all the time, in fact I'm sure most here have never even seen it.

Not trying to downplay the Marvel #1 page - it's pretty darn cool, but it is amazing to me that the price it brought wasn't even as much as the cover to Spider-man #43 just sold for. I think that speaks to the ready/willing/able demand for the page even if you feel the price was a bargain.

We're not comparing the comics - we're comparing a page of original art from each. You certainly can't say pages from Batman #1 pop up all the time, in fact I'm sure most here have never even seen it.

Not trying to downplay the Marvel #1 page - it's pretty darn cool, but it is amazing to me that the price it brought wasn't even as much as the cover to Spider-man #43 just sold for. I think that speaks to the ready/willing/able demand for the page even if you feel the price was a bargain.

yes, I am aware we are comparing the OA for each...so each is a one of a kind. What I should have said tongue.gif is I would rather have the Marvel OA over the Batman OA, as I think it would be more desirable to have the OA page from the rarer of the 2 books, and even though the each piece of art is euqally rare...there is only 1 crazy.gif

I think the reason the ASM #43 cover sold for more than the Marvel#1 page is because 'spider-man' is more iconographic. Personally, between the Marvel #1 page, the Batman #1 page or a page from ASM #1 - Id rather possess the ASM page. I do think the ASM#43 sale was a watershed moment for many in seeing that a so-so piece of OA could command so much $. What would a really good ASM cover fetch. Id love a Ditko cover (#15 would be nice wink.gif ). Sorry didnt mean to go off on a tangent.

I think it would be more desirable to have the OA page from the rarer of the 2 books, and even though the each piece of art is euqally rare...there is only 1 crazy.gif

So I guess you would rather have a page of art from New Adventure 26 than from either of these two books, or does it only hold true for #1s?

(In which case I will ask if you'd rather have a page from New Comics #1)

Does anyone have images of both the Batman and the Marvel Comics pages? If so post them as I think that will make things easier. Also, how about throwing the Captain America page into the mix (it is a splash).

Here is a Captain America splash...

1143091-Parrino2002_Cap8splash.jpg

I think it would be more desirable to have the OA page from the rarer of the 2 books, and even though the each piece of art is euqally rare...there is only 1 crazy.gif

So I guess you would rather have a page of art from New Adventure 26 than from either of these two books, or does it only hold true for #1s?

choosing the OA by the rarirty and stature of the book it's from would be unique to this Marvel/Batman comparison. I hold each page equally desirable, so defaulting to which book they came from, and that books market appeal was a way to create a "tie breaker".

I'd rather have the Marvel #1 page or Batman #1 page smeared with poop over the New Adventure or New Comics scenerio you offered.

choosing the OA by the rarirty and stature of the book it's from would be unique to this Marvel/Batman comparison. I hold each page equally desirable, so defaulting to which book they came from, and that books market appeal was a way to create a "tie breaker".

I'd rather have the Marvel #1 page or Batman #1 page smeared with poop over the New Adventure or New Comics scenerio you offered.

27_laughing.gif Yeah, but then you'd have to change your anti-restoration stance PRONTO. yay.gif

P.S. I'd take the Batman page. I'm not a huge Subby fan and I think the Joker is far more relevant these days.

27_laughing.gif Yeah, but then you'd have to change your anti-restoration stance PRONTO. yay.gif

I'm pretty sure that smeared poop, and smeared poop removal are not considered restoration grin.gif