• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World's Finest #7

13 posts in this topic

Wow! and awesome phallic cover.

I'm finding myself agreeing with ItsJustRyan. This a great book and looks super nice. The main deciding factor of my grade for it are the faint lines from opening a square bound book to the degree that it creates vertical creases near the spine. The back shows these most noticeably at the bottom. The front lines are fainter but I see them near the middle of the book and in more than one vertical. But, I could also drift up to 5.5. I wouldn't drop it below 5.0. great book.

I need to learn about this GA bump!

One can't count on the GA bump, but some believe it's due to a chemical reaction in the brain caused by the musty smell of old books that leads an otherwise reasonable grader to conclude "Hey this looks pretty good for a 70 year old comic, I think I'll give it a grade that would be completely unacceptable if it were a Bronze Age book."

Increasingly it seems to affect the grading of Silver Age keys as well, likely due to passing the 50 year mark.