• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men grades. So whadda think?

21 posts in this topic

The link to the 21 wasn't working.

The 38 looks nice, I'd say 9.0

The 95 also looks nice, I'd say 9.2 or 9.4, can't really tell if there are spine problems from the scan.

Of course, I seem to undergrade everytime I try to guess from an extra large scan. I forget that the damage I see is smaller on the actual books.

The 38 is nice, but has the recessed upper staple. There's also a bit of wear on the overflash, and the bindary corners have very very slight markings on them.

The 21 looks like there's a thumb print crease at Cyclops' back as well as a few non-color-breaking stress marks on the spine.

Both are probably 9.2 but I included the 9.0 range just in case there's something on the back covers.

That said, you should probably post back cover scans as well if you really want a better picture of the grade. Perhaps see if you can put something behind the books when you scan them so there isn't that white background.

Brian

Brian,

Good overall observation. The recessed staple is the only thing that bothers me on the 38. I have seen other CGC books with a "light" crease on the over flash before with 9.4's though. The back covers are all better then the fronts with no creases or marks on any of them. It is a good idea about the different color background though and will do that in the future. The 95 I think is a killer book. I am very curious to see how they will come back. Thanks Nikos!

Steve

Sent them in standard. It was about 25 days.

21 = 9.0 (disappointed because it looks nicer.

38 = 9.4

95 = 9.6!!!!!!!!!

I am happy with them overall. The 21 is for sale right now $175.00 Ow/w pages

Thanks!

Awsome on the #38 and 96!! I think i see why the #21 got a 9.0...diny ding on spine in white area, top edge and top corner slight stress, but across Cyclops right shoulder there seems to be a colour breaking thumb ding??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif