• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

newkadia and other online comic dealers

13 posts in this topic

After hearing so many good things about them on these boards I e-mailed them on Monday asking for scans of two books. I've never heard back. The total cost of both books is only about $165, but I would think it worth it for them to at least reply to my query in some way. Apparently they don't want my business. That's fine. I'd rather not do business with someone that's unwilling/unable to effectively communicate.

I recommend newkadia. I paid for a modern slabbed comic a few weeks ago and added $1.30 into the total to cover insurance; it turns out that insurance had already been included in the shipping fee so the seller refunded that to me. And this was after I had purchased the book for less than it cost to be slabbed. I pointed that out to him with my thanks and he simply said, "Fair is fair."

It's not much $ but this makes them good guys in my book. thumbsup2.gif

Bought three books off of blazing bob's web site. Very tight grading, and fair prices. Was a little slow to reply to emails, but when I called, he had my books pulled out and only took about 15 seconds to locate them. Overall, I will certainly use Bob again. thumbsup2.gif

Has anyone bought from newkadia.com? What are some good online places to get gold ar silver age comics....

I have only bought moderns, but I was impressed with their shipping. Tight comic book mailer and no overcharge on shipping. They may not have the greatest selection, but if you find your gem, I would buy from newkadia.

After hearing so many good things about them on these boards I e-mailed them on Monday asking for scans of two books. I've never heard back. The total cost of both books is only about $165, but I would think it worth it for them to at least reply to my query in some way. Apparently they don't want my business. That's fine. I'd rather not do business with someone that's unwilling/unable to effectively communicate.

He's probably on vacation. I got my scan requests answered for books as low as $50.

Has anyone bought from newkadia.com? What are some good online places to get gold ar silver age comics....

I have only bought moderns, but I was impressed with their shipping. Tight comic book mailer and no overcharge on shipping. They may not have the greatest selection, but if you find your gem, I would buy from newkadia.

I find that Newkadia is a decent place to get modern comics. Their grading is a little out of whack sometimes, but they don't hassle you over returns and they even refund return shipping fees. The only real complaint I have is that their scans are not of the actual books. They often display 30 cent variants in their scans, but will send you the normal 25 cent editions. frustrated.gif

A follow up.

Ted e-mailed me last night explaining that he has been looking for the books for two days and can't find them. He apologized for the delay and said he would keep looking and keep me posted. thumbsup2.gif