• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Question

16 posts in this topic

I have a Uncanny X-men # 8 and its not in the greatest shape (ie: writing on it, slight tear, and faded colors) and was wanting to get it restored, but will restoration decrease the value? (if I were to grade it now it would get a 2 if it was lucky) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

X-Men 8 is not a book to even consider restoring.

A rule of thumb I use is unless the book is valued in Overstreet at $500 or above in Good 2.0 condition, restoration is not cost effective and you will lose money. A reputable restorer will tell you the same thing.

It's not even worth the cost of having it graded in that condition. Just enjoy reading it and having it in your collection.

A rule of thumb I use is unless the book is valued in Overstreet at $500 or above in Good 2.0 condition, restoration is not cost effective and you will lose money. A reputable restorer will tell you the same thing.

It's not even worth the cost of having it graded in that condition. Just enjoy reading it and having it in your collection.

Woogie - I agree, except the ROT should be $1,500 sumo.gif

Unless the POS is DOA thus the ROT should be 3k ...

What is ROT? confused.gif

What is ROT? confused.gif

How many times I got to say it? makepoint.gif

sign-funnypost.gif