• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 good deals?

22 posts in this topic

Well, simply because someone states in the auction the comic is VF+ doesnt mean it actually will be. There have been many examples posted on these boards of comics purchased that were claimed to be a high grade and were not.

The positives are that your seller has very good feedback rating and that your price paid isnt going to break you should these comics only be VF-

In my opinion you did well.

Artboy99

It appears as if you got a better buy on the 129 than on the 130. The spine on the the 130 looks a little worn.

Things to look for in buying raw comics is to get scans of the front and back of the comic, and also make sure you can see all four edges/corners.

I think I did good considering I like the hellfire club and dazzler :-) Well I love vintage xmen comics and these are going to go great with my collection. The guy has tons of good feedback so, I trust his word.

yeah:). BTW Could anyone tell me a silver age xmen with a cool cover?

Try the Neal Adams issues, I particularly like 56, 57 and 62. I also like 50 and 51 by Steranko. With a little luck you can pick up nice copies for cheap. I paid only $12 each for my 50 and 51. The Adams issues are a little more. I will post some pics of mine to give you an idea.

Here are 3 Adams covers. I paid $18 for 56 (fugly QP crazy.gif) and $16 for 59 (got a sweet deal on this one as it is a solid VF at least). Paid $28 for 57, another VF. If you are patient you can get these in F to VF shape for about 1/3 guide without much trouble on eBay.

Decent pickups on the 2 BA X-Men, hope the edges and corners turn out ok!

xmen56.jpg

xmen57.jpg

xmen59.jpg

The book in the scan looks better than F/VF (even thought the scan is the size of a postage stamp) and you paid a decent price. However, the sellers feedback kinda sucks and I personally would not have bid on any of his auctions. Be patient young grasshopper. SA and BA X-Men are very plentiful and great deals can be had in VF from rock-solid dealers. Here is what I do. I drop the listed grade by a full grade (if it says VF, expect F/VF) then I factor shipping into my bid. If my total bid is less than half of my adjusted grade's Overstreet value I will go ahead. This system has only failed me a few times out of hundreds of buys. Good luck! Remember, if you had fun doing it then there is no such thing as a bad buy!

Honestly, if you are looking for deals, I would avoid individual sites and stick to eBay and larger cons. I have yet to find prices anywhere that compare to stuff you pick up on eBay. If I were you I would just get in the habit of spending 30 minutes to an hour searching on there, maybe every other day. It can be fun and you would be suprised what you can turn up with a little effort and patience. Anyways, here are a couple sites to browse if you really want to check out some individual dealers....

http://www.metropoliscomics.com/

http://www.mycomicshop.com/

http://www.milehighcomics.com/

I am sure others on the board could point you towards some others....

I dont think it's silver-age, but I won this also

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6502139700&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

I think its a great deal!!@!

confused.gif

Silver Age books would have a original cover price of .10¢ to .15¢ (.25¢ for giant size issues). Silver Age is from 1956 to 1970.

hi.gif