• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 good deals?

22 posts in this topic

I dont think it's silver-age, but I won this also

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6502139700&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

I think its a great deal!!@!

I think one thing that would help you is to find a seller that has a lot of aucitons going that you want, and try to win multiple aucitons from one seller. If you dont, you wind up killing yourself with shipping charges.

Ex:

you buy an x-men 200 in vf/nm for .99. Shipping is $3.00. You just paid $3.99 for the book, or, more to the point, more than it can be had for 95% of the time.

Repeat 5X. See where this is going?

Now try this:

you buy 5 x-men books for .99 each and pay $6 shipping. You spend $10.95, and you wind up saving about $10.

Be patient and put a little work in, like October Fire has said, you can uncover good deals on Ebay. Also, find a convention to go to. There is a small one day show in Charlotte every 3 months, and I always spend $200-$300. in fact, i bought about 25 vf/nm to nm x-men in the 150-200 range for $2 each. Now if you want quality, higher grade stuff and dont mind paying more for it, try an online dealer like:

metropolis

Doug Sulipa

Bob Storms (blazing Bob on the boards) just bought some nice stuff from him

Comicsupply.com- Russ sold me some really nice DD's for a great price and you cant beat his price on supplies

anyway, my $.25 worth. take it for what it is worth

One more thing, you ahve to figure out what grade range you want your books to be in. By this I mean, do you want everything in nm? Or can some things be in a lower grade?

For me, my Avengers and Thors, i need in vf+ vf/nm or better. For my DD's that are Miller issues, i need vf/nm or better. For other DD's f/vf or better is cool. For FF's f or better with good eye appeal is fine.

Only you can make this decision based on your collecting desires.

Once you figure this out, it will help you know where to go online to find the books you want. Ebay is a great place for f/vf books, not vn/nm or better. Online dealers are great resources for accuralty graded books in vf or better. You just have to figure out how you want to collect.