• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else try to snipe that cap 6?

8 posts in this topic

So, with 10 seconds left, I tried to snipe this auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAPTAIN-AMERICA-COMICS-6-1941-timely-marvel-jack-kirby-/151405044388?pt=US_Comic_Books&autorefresh=true&hash=item234071a2a4&nma=true&si=4LnPGVUJcgFR2%252B55O2Kt4jL5aGY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

But, ebay wouldn't accept my bid. I just got that spinning gear thing. Was anyone else trying to snipe this one? I think the seller got hosed - it should have gone for more (and would have) if ebay hadn't hiccuped right there.

A copy missing the cf and a coupon with a married wrap and a rougher spine, but decent eye-appeal sold for almost the same amount on Heritage a couple years ago, so I don't know how far off the price was from optimal. I guess since any complete low grade copy would probably be at least a grand, you could make an argument that it should have sold for half that even missing two center wraps.

I guess since any complete low grade copy would probably be at least a grand, you could make an argument that it should have sold for half that even missing two center wraps.

<a  href=cap6.jpg' alt='cap6.jpg'>

Paid $550 for this a couple years back (from Heritage no less), have low grade copies really doubled?!

I guess since any complete low grade copy would probably be at least a grand, you could make an argument that it should have sold for half that even missing two center wraps.

Paid $550 for this a couple years back (from Heritage no less), have low grade copies really doubled?!

When it gets to below 2.0 it all depends on the appeal of the book in question, rather than trends.

When it gets to below 2.0 it all depends on the appeal of the book in question, rather than trends.

For some reason that copy doesn't show up in Heritage's archives, but it has too many issues to be better than a 1.0 IMHO, and while it probably wouldn't make it to a grand, I'm sure it would sell for more than $550 today, unless the pages are brittle. Low grade Caps seem to have climbed a bit in the last couple years, especially on ebay.