• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Negative feedback cherry popped on a $1.99 hat.... OUCH!

17 posts in this topic

O.K. here's the scoop.

I sold a $1.99 hat a couple of weeks ago and when I was doing feedbacks I usually only possitive feedback the buyers that have givenone first. Well I slipped up on this one.

This buyer didn't even e-mail me there was anything wrong...

nerfherder-3 feedback stats

Ugggh! I've been on eBay for five years and almost 250 hard earned positive to have a

sillyassed $1.99 hat blow my 100% Christo_pull_hair.gif

**** I need HELP from the formites here... ****

I need to burry this neg down a bit so it isn't on the top of my feedbacks because I have a lot of things I want to sell this week.

So if anybody here has any small items that I can buy $1 or less that will help me out with

some positive that would be awesome. OR - if anyone know a seller that gives feedback once they receive payment. Could be comics or whatever...

I would pay you PayPal ASAP to some quick positives!

Help me burry this and forget it!

thumbsup2.gif

O.K. here's the scoop.

I sold a $1.99 hat a couple of weeks ago and when I was doing feedbacks I usually only possitive feedback the buyers that have givenone first. Well I slipped up on this one.

Ugggh! I've been on eBay for five years and almost 250 hard earned positive to have a

I need to burry this neg down a bit so it isn't on the top of my feedbacks because I have a lot of things I want to sell this week.

So if anybody here has any small items that I can buy $1 or less that will help me out with

some positive that would be awesome. OR - if anyone know a seller that gives feedback once they receive payment. Could be comics or whatever...

thumbsup2.gif

STOP. Look at this from afar. It's your first negative, don't worry about it at all. Respond to the negative by saying" would have been happy to refund price, never knew there was trouble" Something like that. Be nice, but professional.

DO you really look at negatives? I see people still buying from known crooks everyday! You read the feedback and wonder why ebay has not shut them down. People are trusting by nature, I will be happy to buy something from you. What do you have?

This is a minor bump.

The world is not perfect, although we aspire to be, what fun would it be if everything was perfect?

O.K. here's the scoop.

thumbsup2.gif

STOP. Look at this from afar. It's your first negative, don't worry about it at all. Respond to the negative by saying" would have been happy to refund price, never knew there was trouble" Something like that. Be nice, but professional.

DO you really look at negatives? I see people still buying from known crooks everyday! You read the feedback and wonder why ebay has not shut them down. People are trusting by nature, I will be happy to buy something from you. What do you have?

This is a minor bump.

The world is not perfect, although we aspire to be, what fun would it be if everything was perfect?

I sell anything I think people want...

nerf's sell page

But I was looking to buy and pay quick to get quick feedback...

Whenever I am serious about buying, I alway look at the feedback.

And that neg on top just makes me sick!

Oh well, I tried to keep it...

RIP 100% tongue.gif

If I'm not mistaken, can't you add an additional comment to the positive feedback you've already left for him. If so, I'd add something to let others know that he negs without giving the other party the opportunity to make things right.

Also, why did he neg you? It seems like he thought you misrepresented the hat in your auction. Not accusing. Might just have been a simple oversight or the buyer may have assumed too much. Just curious.

If I'm not mistaken, can't you add an additional comment to the positive feedback you've already left for him. If so, I'd add something to let others know that he negs without giving the other party the opportunity to make things right.

Also, why did he neg you? It seems like he thought you misrepresented the hat in your auction. Not accusing. Might just have been a simple oversight or the buyer may have assumed too much. Just curious.

Who knows why? I've never heard from this dude.

The total of the auction was only five bucks, so I just refunded in hope that

the buyer will withdraw their comments.

I know this is the no-backbone thing to do,

but when you have over $2k worth of product (to be posted)

to move, you don't want to take a loss due to a spooked bidder. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Yeah, that does stink. Christo_pull_hair.gif

For five bucks, you're probably doing the smart thing. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go pop all of your buy-it-nows and leave a bunch of instant negative feedback. tongue.gif

I know this is the no-backbone thing to do,

but when you have over $2k worth of product (to be posted)

to move, you don't want to take a loss due to a spooked bidder. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

FYI: After reading your reply of a full refund, I would be more inclined to buy from you, as you seem to be some-

one that "will work with me", to resolve a problem. thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

$2 for a hat is pretty good confused-smiley-013.gif Now quit selling Asian knockoffs as authentic NFL merchanidse 27_laughing.gif

No, in all honesty, I was just trying to get free soda and INCREASE my feedback a little...

That was one of those Pepsi NFL hats that when you match two bottle caps you win...

two 20 oz's cost a little over 2 bucks.

This is what I get for thinking. tongue.gif

I know I'm selling a basically free hat but dang other people out there were selling those hats for $5 and $10 bucks. I just wanted what I had in it.

Oh well...

You have one negative out of 371 transactions. That's nothing. I would be annoyed as well, but I wouldn't do a single thing to try to appease the [#@$%!!!]. Screw him.

Any bidder with a brain knows there are on eBay who give unwarranted negs, and you're a reputable seller.

While there might be a handful of buyers out there who are spooked by any neg. feedback, most people look at the percentage of positive and not the raw numbers. I don't think it will hurt while it is still near the top of your feedback list, especially in light of your more than reasonable response. When reading feedbacks, I consider the tone of the neg. feedback and the response to it. If either one seems overly full of invective it gives me pause.

this neg will hurt if Nerf plans on selling more authentic NFL merchandise... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am hat shopping now, I planned to buy from him, but now.......................

I thought that I had found the best of both worlds, hats and comics in the same place. Now I am not sure if I am willing to gamble on this sellers questionable merchandise.

tongue.gif

FWIW

If I see a seller with a neg, I read the comments and if still active, check the auction.

If I didn't know you (which I still don't) and was thinking of buying from you, that neg wouldn't bother me.

As someone already said, the responce you left leads me to belive that you would be someone willing to work out a problem if it arose.